Is 35% window tinting dangerous when drive at night?

johnnxiv

Reaction score
I'm wanting to tint my window but not sure how dark I should go. I'm thinking about 35% tinting for my 2 rear windows and windshield. Will I able to see my blind spots and rear spot at night?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
probly the windshield isn't safe, I've only seen one car (owned by a pro tinter) that was tinted anyway.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
I have 20% all around and 50% on my windshield. I wouldn't go darker than that as I sometimes find myself leaning over my steering wheel and squinting at the road to see what's coming. That's with retrofitted HIDs.

Hobbit

Reaction score
You guys tint the windscreen/shield !! In the UK you can be pulled over for having the front windows tinted and made to remove the tints or cop a hefty fine I dread to think what would happen if we tinted the screen

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have 35% on all but the front windshield. Wish I would have gone darker actually. Anyway the only time it's harder to see is when reversing at night, but I think some better reverse lights would solve that.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Adding a 5% strip of tint on or before T/A on the windshield should be suffice. That would allow an increase of privacy in your car and visual during extreme sunny days.

danielkrall

Reaction score
I have 35% on all but the front windshield. Wish I would have gone darker actually. Anyway the only time it's harder to see is when reversing at night, but I think some better reverse lights would solve that.

Same, I have 35% on my four side windows, 20% on my rear window, and my windshield is untouched. Wish i went 20% all around, with a 5% strip on the windshield.

6thgensedan

Reaction score
I have 2.5% in the rear windows and 35% on the front windows(not the windshield). With a 6 inch vinyl brow at the top of the windshield is perfect for me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Same, I have 35% on my four side windows, 20% on my rear window, and my windshield is untouched. Wish i went 20% all around, with a 5% strip on the windshield.

Good decision on the 20% for the rear window, wish I would have done that since it's so big. And I have a tan interior.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I'm wanting to tint my window but not sure how dark I should go. I'm thinking about 35% tinting for my 2 rear windows and windshield. Will I able to see my blind spots and rear spot at night?
I have 35% all around, except 50% windshield w/ 5% visor strip on it, and 5% sunroof.

I've never felt my blind spots being hard to see.

If you're concerned about your rear view through window films, you might be interested in getting a Broadway mirror that's designed for cars with tinted windows:
  ↓
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAPOLEX-BRO...OR-TINTED-WINDOWS-AUTHENTIC-NEW-/131390901913

I have 20% all around and 50% on my windshield. I wouldn't go darker than that as I sometimes find myself leaning over my steering wheel and squinting at the road to see what's coming. That's with retrofitted HIDs.
I told you, Varnell~..
  ↓
Saw your future plan, and this is just my 2 cents, based on my experience:

My front windshield is tinted w/ 50% film. When I drive at night, I have a hard time seeing those road imperfections from time to time. I wish I chose 60, or even 70%, since my intension was to protect myself & the dashboard from the UV.

I've never got pulled over for my windshield being tinted, but plz be careful about the visibility on the roads at night, especially when your car is that low.

Just to give you a heads-up. ;)

You guys tint the windscreen/shield !! In the UK you can be pulled over for having the front windows tinted and made to remove the tints or cop a hefty fine I dread to think what would happen if we tinted the screen
Same here in US, but you won't get an infraction, if it's prescribed by doctors.

All you do is, go see doctors 'n tell them that you need your windshield tinted b/c you're vulnerable to brightness / sunlight / UV, etc. They'll give you a written statement, and you keep that in your glove box in case you get pulled over.

Back