Is 35% window tinting dangerous when drive at night?

Hobbit

Reaction score
Same here in US, but you won't get an infraction, if it's prescribed by doctors.

All you do is, go see doctors 'n tell them that you need your windshield tinted b/c you're vulnerable to brightness / sunlight / UV, etc. They'll give you a written statement, and you keep that in your glove box in case you get pulled over.

Over here they would send you off to have your eyes tested and give you glasses lol

Varnell

Reaction score
I told you, Varnell~..

Solid advice! I've had that tint on my 2002 Accord for over a year now, though. I believe you were commenting on my future plans for the J32 swapped one. I'll probably end up getting the same tint, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. lol

accord2slow

Reaction score
I have 5% on all the side and rear glass and 35% on the windshield on all my cars. I can see fine. just sucks when im backing into my garage or other dark places. Other than that its great.

shyste

Reaction score
I have 20% all around and 50% on my windshield. I wouldn't go darker than that as I sometimes find myself leaning over my steering wheel and squinting at the road to see what's coming. That's with retrofitted HIDs.

how are you getting away with this in NC. i have 35% all around beside windshield with tan interior and i hate it. not dark enough.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
My brother has 5% (or was it 10%?) On his Saturn wagon. Obviously not an accord, but it's been on there for at least 7 years and we've never had complaints. No tint on the windshield though.

619Motorsports

Reaction score
35% is good as much as 20% (20% is a close match to factory window tint) and thing darker like 5% you will have visibility issues at night. but out of all the shades mentioned i proably wouldnt do either on my windshield. asking to get pulled over.

Back