Keyless entry help

josam14

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on installing keyless entry for my 99 Accord LX 4dr. I bought a used OEM keyless control main unit and a key fob a few days ago and got them yesterday. Stupid enough, I attempted to install it by using one of the wires from the right fuse box then tried to program my key fob with no success. I'm pretty sure that I still need the main and sub wire harness for it. After some research, I believe I found the part numbers for the 2 harnesses, 08E65-S84-10001 and 08E55-S84-10002. But feel free to correct me.

Also, if anyone is able to point me to the right direction as to where I can find and purchase these harnesses, it would be greatly appreciated.

james'99

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on installing keyless entry for my 99 Accord LX 4dr. I bought a used OEM keyless control main unit and a key fob a few days ago and got them yesterday. Stupid enough, I attempted to install it by using one of the wires from the right fuse box then tried to program my key fob with no success. I'm pretty sure that I still need the main and sub wire harness for it. After some research, I believe I found the part numbers for the 2 harnesses, 08E65-S84-10001 and 08E55-S84-10002. But feel free to correct me.

Also, if anyone is able to point me to the right direction as to where I can find and purchase these harnesses, it would be greatly appreciated.

I take it the alarm was out of an EX? Does it have the trunk button?

Angelito

Reaction score
I also have a question related to this I have a 99 accord lx if i go out to the junkyard and find an ex can i just pull out the parts and put it on an lx or are they diffrent i know they sell one on http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect00.html and it even has the installation instructions but im not sure if its the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james'99

Reaction score
I also have a question related to this I have a 99 accord lx if i go out to the junkyard and find an ex can i just pull out the parts and put it on an lx or are they diffrent i know they sell one on http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect00.html and it even has the installation instructions but im not sure if its the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'd get the one for the LX. There are too many harnesses I think you'd have to save from the junkyard car and I think probably a lot less plug and play then the one you would be getting.

There is special pieces for the EX like the hood switch, trunk switch, etc that are required for the EX system. I think the omme made for the LX comes with special harnesses to retrofit them into the limited system.

Last edited:
Back