Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > DIY - Do It Yourself Forum

DIY - Do It Yourself Forum We have a lot of threads on how to do things yourself, from air intakes to suspension, brakes, even electronics. Please search first, if you can't find an article about what you're wanting to do just ask for help

Register to remove these ads

Old 09-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Points: 1,447, Level: 10 Points: 1,447, Level: 10 Points: 1,447, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SupraGuy is somewhat reliable
Re: Yet another interior bulb thread....

Well, blue generally is more dazzling. It's kind of the way that the pupil reacts to blue light. This is why most of the lights I'm looking for either the "neutral" or "warm" white, rather than the "cool" tone. I'm considering blue for the LCD backlights only, in part because the filters are already that way, and in part for uniformity with the aftermarket electronics in the car. Seems like after the advent of the blue LED in the mid-90s, almost everything went to blue illumination almost overnight. It seemed that the very epitome of "modern" was having a blue LED to light up everything from LCD screens to pushbuttons. I was kind of hoping for it to be a fad, but it seems to have endured for the last 20 years.

1989 Toyota Supra, 502,XXX kms. Heavily modified, mostly dead.
1990 Toyota Supra, 190,XXX kms, project car.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Points: 2,210, Level: 13 Points: 2,210, Level: 13 Points: 2,210, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sandydoull is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yet another interior bulb thread....

I had blue on the odometer backlight but it was just too bright compared to the other backlighting even if i turn the dimmer all the way down

Originally Posted by SupraGuy View Post
Well, blue generally is more dazzling. It's kind of the way that the pupil reacts to blue light. This is why most of the lights I'm looking for either the "neutral" or "warm" white, rather than the "cool" tone. I'm considering blue for the LCD backlights only, in part because the filters are already that way, and in part for uniformity with the aftermarket electronics in the car. Seems like after the advent of the blue LED in the mid-90s, almost everything went to blue illumination almost overnight. It seemed that the very epitome of "modern" was having a blue LED to light up everything from LCD screens to pushbuttons. I was kind of hoping for it to be a fad, but it seems to have endured for the last 20 years.

'04 Accord Tourer 2,4 EXE (Euro)
'98 Accord Coupe V6
'86 Accord Aerodeck 2,0EXI