THE Tire Review Thread

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Continental Conitpro Contact AST
Price paid, Mileage - On my rental car, 2009 Nissan Altima
Pros - Superior traction wet or dry
Cons - None
Final verdict - These are by far one of the best all season tires I've ridden on. Traction in the rain and slippery stuff is great. I would seriously consider purchasing these for my own car.

finch13

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum 225/40R18 92W
Price paid, Mileage - $492 shipped ($99/tire) w/ 36 mo. road hazard from TreaDepot.com. 40 miles so far :lawl:
Pros
- Extremely quiet at highways speed, silent on pretty much anything else.
- With a treadwear rating of 600, these tires should last a while.
- Non-directional tread
- Great grip on packed snow/ice, 4 deep water channels in the tread should provide great wet traction as well.
Cons - 92 load designation makes for a tad bit bumpier ride
Final verdict - Great tire for the person who wants a long lasting, cheaper tires that looks and performs like a good all-season tire

UPDATE: Only got 20k miles out of these... a lot of it was some alignment issues I discovered. After hitting a few potholes, the belts shifted and created a vibration I couldn't get rid of balancing them myself. Would buy again, but I'm looking for something a little nicer.

kumho_ecsta_lx_ku27_lg.jpg

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Brand, Model - Fuzion ZRI 225/40/18

Price, Milage -135.00 each 9k miles

Pros - will not break loose, good treadwear

Con - Price

Final Verdict - will definatly buy them again

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions 205/60/15

Price paid, Mileage - $82 per tire from Discounttiredirect.com only had them on for a month

Pros - Tread pattern is sexy, really quiet. stick to the road in all seasons

Cons - Nothing yet, except that I have 15's

Final verdict - Definitely recommend, decent price. best tires i've ever had

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Brand & model & size -Nitto Invo 225/40
wheelnfendertouchup.jpg

Price paid, Mileage - Not sure and they have about 100miles on them.
Pros - everything about this tire is a pro of it too
Cons - nothing
Final verdict - Crazy looking tread, super sticky even in the cold, so quiet that you will ever barely hear the road, Not the cheapest option, but well worth the price and more!

Last edited:

Steverino

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
Price paid, Mileage - $450 from Tirerack, 600km on the track
Pros - Best dry grip tire I have used to date, better than Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, predictable handling, rock-solid sidewalls (minimal flex), very easy to control at limits of traction. Not quite R-compound traction but it's as close as you're going to get with a street tire. Very predctable handling throughout the whole operating temperature range from cold to hot. Rim Protector might be useful.
Cons - As with any ultra-high-performance track compound, treadwear is not great, but that is to be expected from such a tire; limited sizing (only up to 18"); reasonable rain traction for what it is.
Final verdict - The best track-street tire I have used to date, eclipses the Azenis RT-615 in terms of treadwear and operating temperature range. Will not "break loose" on you at limits and gives the driver plenty of feedback approaching that limit. Not recommended for normal daily driving use, it's a waste of a tire like this.

jaz

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - yokohama as430 225
Price paid, Mileage - paid like 430 for a full set, got the 4th one free.. put on like 2k so far with them
Pros - GREAT TRACTION, nothing bad to say so far
Final verdict - recommended.. but i myself would try something else just to try something new.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 225/35/18
Price paid, Mileage - Around 600 for a set. Put about 2k miles on them so far
Pros - Unbelievable amount of traction in the dry. Even with stock suspension, I can corner pretty hard and not even squeal the tires. Ride is a little more stiff than stock size, but thats because mine are 35 series low profile. Average performance in the rain, they hold their own for being performance summer tires.
Cons-They don't do well in the snow. But who cares.
Final verdict - Highly recommended, dunlop is known for their quality and these tires certainly reflect their name. I am planning on purchasing these again when I need new ones. The tread wear is average, I still have a lot of meat on my tires.

f23accord

Reaction score
Brand & model & size -kumho spt, 215/40/18
Price Paid-$120.00
Pros-great tire for the price, good tread wear,quiet ride
Cons-none so far
Final verdict-great tire 2nd time i've bought them

Back