DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
So this is my car. A standard 2000 accord coupe CG2 with a V6 and the crappy 4 gear AT transmission.
I bought it a few year back like this
accord3.jpg

accord1.jpg

I bought it as my main daily drive was getting painted and a new engine and well had been without a car for a few months. I fell for the accord the first time i saw it. I had kept away from the coupe as i did not like the rear NSX style look at all but when i went to see the car for real i just had to have it :)

Not a big fan of the 4 gear AT but as the old owner had had the transmission replaced there was no big risk of it failing anytime soon.

First day and first mod. Got new headlights and painted the interior of them.
accord7.jpg

Also added the lip that was removed by the old owner
DSC_0019.jpg

Next mod was headlights retrofit with bi-xenon projectors
DSC_0741.jpg

Just a pic with the local honda club
DSC_0400.jpg

I got a second trunk lid and shaved the fog and reverse panel on that. Some may hate me for it but the NSX look is for the NSX and not the accord ...but this is just my opinion
IMG_20120428_134752.jpg

IMG_20120428_134405.jpg

And then there was the CL-s dash swap :)
IMG_20120523_211805.jpg

Really easy swap.

Exhaust repair and modification.
PIC000328.jpg

PIC000343.jpg

PIC000292.jpg

I painted the tips flat black and they actually look nice :)
PIC000343.jpg

Remade the front grill. This actually is the original that was on the car when i bought it. I just did some cutting and plastic welding and this is what i ended up with
PIC000404.jpg

Also the front lip and pumper had some damage so i fixed that and primed it.
PIC000444_zps05906871.jpg

I will try to get the car painted by the end of winter. Still have not picked the paint but its going to be dark gray (gun metal) or black.
This is how the car looks at the moment. I will be starting the paint preparations as soon as i get the new engine that i bought from the UK rebuild and out of the garage. Hope to get it painted in a proper paint booth.

A bit about the new engine.
The CL and J32a engines are not common here and well looking for a salvage car in the US did not give any good hits. I would have ended up paying 4000-5000 eur + local import taxes. So i took a risk and bought a C30A4 form the UK.It is a standard C30A3 NSX engine out of a 1996 NSX. Dual clutch.
IMG_20120419_081604.jpg

DSC_0170-1.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

At the moment the engine is like this
DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

I will be getting new bearing and piston rings and will be rebuilding it.
Funny part is i bought a ecu and if i had not had asked the seller to look inside it i would have got it for about 50 euro ...turned out it was chipped + 15hp and 22 NM i ended up paying 80 euro so still a win :)
PIC000326.jpg

PIC000357.jpg

My plans with the engine swap is as i do not have a manual transmission at the moment i will be building it as a dual ecu (one for the NSX engine the J30a1 ecu to control the 4 speed AT) but if i do find a good deal on a manual transmission i will be ordering it form the US.
I would really like to get my hands on a 08 + TL 4wd manual 6 speed transmission :) but a 6 speed will do too :)

I also would like to swap the rear pumper for the US one with the smaller nr.plate panel. Bad part is non of the sellers are shipping it here so will have to find another way of getting it here.

Will be updating this thread when i get something more done :)

Last edited:

DH48

Reaction score
Well that`s the plan :hihi: NSX owner going to hate me for this but at least im giving this engien a new life :) It was on a kit car before i bought it.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Interesting to see how easy this swap will be. Obviously not but it seems like it will be incredibly daunting. Since a lot of stuff will need to be custom.

JV6

Reaction score
omg....... tracking this topic. fukin hands down if this goes through

Back