Newbie needs help with wheels!

Matias

Reaction score
So I bought a set of wheels for my 2002 accord coupe Ex. I read somewhere that the right measurements for this car was 18x8.5 +40. I told my uncle, who is great at this, and he thought that they would fit. He has an 2003 rsx. And the rims he bought where fairly similar.

Now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I need to sell these to get me other ones. But I don't want to buy any wheels until I know the right fitment for this vehicle. Please help out.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
If you're a 4 cylinder your lug pattern is 4x114.3 if yours is a v6 its 5x114.3. If you're afraid they won't fit check out wheel fitment thread. I'll post a link to it in a minute

Matias

Reaction score
Yes the car has been lowered. It's sitting 3 inches under stock height. I'm also v6.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
and thinking about it a bit, you may have some other clearance issues. Like at steering lock the wheel or tire rubs (a bit), but those would be fixed with some wheel spacers. I think on 8.5" wide I'd step 'em out ~10mm, so some 1/4" spacers may work.

But yeah, if brake clearance is fine the wheels should roll, just check the inside of the wheel arches for rubbing. The tires remove the undercoat efficiently, in my experience, when I tried 17x9+30 :p

Matias

Reaction score
The ones that I originally bought are 18x8.5 +40
The only issue with them is that they where about 2inches too wide. I'm guessing the offset is incorrect?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, sorta, you can always try it, then add spacers as needed.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
The ones that I originally bought are 18x8.5 +40
The only issue with them is that they where about 2inches too wide. I'm guessing the offset is incorrect?

You may to have to roll just a bit. But you'll probably be just fine. I had my 18x9.5 +25 up front for a day and I barely rubbed. No roll or pull on the fronts

Back