what the H? lotek with lifetime warrantee?

frantz954

Reaction score
bored this morning, looking for random crap on ebay. anyone ever actually use or hear of anyone using lotek struts? this makes no sense to me. im thinking by the $180 price tag for 4 that they are junk, yet they say they are better than stock, work with lowering springs, and the part that gets me is they have a lifetime warrantee... how is that possible?

ps- just a random find, will not be using these. just trying to satisfy curiosity.

Shadow1

Reaction score
HardInThePaint said:
I personally bought the Lotek shocks about 3 months ago cuz I figured I would try them out plus my shocks were shot. If u check out the seller u will see that its the same one that sells the Dropzone products. I had them paired up with my coilovers and about a month and a half into it 3 of them blew. I have a lifetime warranty on them but whats the use of getting somemore when they're are just gonna blow again. Might be an alright OEM replacement but if ur planning on lowering the car I would suggest not. I'm probably the only one on this site thats bought these (and thats not a good thing) and thats my suggestion to u.

thats taken off of cb7tuner.com. dern. 3 months and they blew? screw that. lol.

this guy has had them for 10 months tho. but its on a civic. something thats 1000lbs or more lighter than our cars:

spiffy_civic said:
Im currently using lotek with Eibach sportline springs on my 1991 and 1992 civic hatch and it rides like a dream no problems and they were cheap strut's They have been on there for 10months or so and they ride perfect. Idk if this helps

Last edited:

frantz954

Reaction score
thats taken off of cb7tuner.com. dern. 3 months and they blew? screw that. lol.

lol, thats the exact scenario i had expected. even if u had a strut vending machine in your garage, the last thing i would want to do is swap out struts 4 times a year. free replacements or not.

Shadow1

Reaction score
lol, thats the exact scenario i had expected. even if u had a strut vending machine in your garage, the last thing i would want to do is swap out struts 4 times a year. free replacements or not.

haha. thats the truth. any time im about to spend more than $20 on something for the car, i look up reviews for it. even if its just something like car wax. so you understand how hard i look for reviews on stuff like suspension components. now two other sites i looked at, guys were liking them and have been on them for 1000+ miles with no issues. if you want, try them out. but as everyone says, you get what you pay for. lol.

frantz954

Reaction score
yeah i already did my suspension once, i want to do it again just to upgrade, but if i had to do it a third time...it would not be a very good day.

Shadow1

Reaction score
yeah i already did my suspension once, i want to do it again just to upgrade, but if i had to do it a third time...it would not be a very good day.

i completely know how you feel. on the '93 accord i had, i redid the suspension at LEAST 5 times. 1st it was ebay coilovers. then ebay coilovers on skunk2 struts. then Tien Basics(only the fronts fit because it was off a BB6 Prelude). next was back to ebay/Skunk2s. then Skunk2 sleeves and skunk2 struts(rode beautifully but i hated the drop). then ebays on stocks. so yeah. 6 times. lol. but i became proficient at doing it. took me only 30-45min to do swaps. haha.

this time on the CG, i plan to do it once and be done.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
you never know, though. he could have had the car slammed on those struts, they might be alright for a moderate drop

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Still...$180 for four. C'mon, thats $45 per piece...which is crafted with little quality. And you can't trust an Ebay listing usually.

Last edited:

Shadow1

Reaction score
you never know, though. he could have had the car slammed on those struts, they might be alright for a moderate drop

True. Even with KYB GR-2s you can have a nice ride and a good drop and they won't blow.

Still...$180 for four. C'mon, thats $45 per piece...which is crafted with little quality. And you can't trust an Ebay listing usually.

Yea. It is kind of cheap. I would buy them if I already had a full set up just to try them out for others to know to avoid or buy them.

Back