Tein slammage

SykVSyx

Reaction score
My bad, I was assuming there was an issue with it.

Yeah, doing the cut is an option.

Topher88

Reaction score
You mentioned you got them rebuilt. Was the work/re-valving done by Tein? Are you running 12Front 12Rear springs?
Tein recommends leaving 1" of thread left over, and you mentioned leaving 3/4" so i'd say thats not a big issue. Were the 12k springs by any chance shorter then the original springs?

I have the SS in their stock 7/4 rates and have only bottom out 3-4 times since i got them. If the op really upgraded them to 12k rate springs i would think they would be a lot stiffer(same as FFs).

Honestly dude they are not that stiff at all. I actually wish they were stiffer. The 12k springs are 50mm shorter I think.

Topher88

Reaction score
A new upper control arm will NOT solve the issue of it banging in the upper strut mount. Going higher will or doing what some have done and cutting a small portion of the upper strut tower.

OP, do you hear a bang/thump sound...is that what you are believing to be bottoming out or???

Yes it's a loud thud that comes from each side. If my right side hits a bump it makes a thud and visaversa. And if I hit a big dip then I think my whole front of the car is going to fall off do to the crazy thud

001Stunna

Reaction score
tein and 'slamming' never go in the same sentence. i believe youve found out why.​

Hmm his issue seems to be the UCA hitting. Upper control arms hit with many other coilover brands as well and isn't really for Tein Coilovers only. I believe you haven't found that out yet though it seems.​

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Hmm his issue seems to be the UCA hitting. Upper control arms hit with many other coilover brands as well and isn't really for Tein Coilovers only. I believe you haven't found that out yet though it seems.​

i only read the first post, my bad. you didnt have to be a douche about it, but what else should i expect from you.​

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Theres no way you got low enough on teins to smack ucas

His are not factory Tein specs. He got them rebuilt along with shorter springs recently.

But it's true, I even had one of the collars removed back then and it still wasn't low enough to have the UCA issues.

001Stunna

Reaction score

i only read the first post, my bad. you didnt have to be a douche about it, but what else should i expect from you.​

you've been here long enough to know that reading the first post of a 2 page thread will possibly mean you're missing quite the info that was discussed. plus i feel that douches only deserve to be replied to in a douche way...especially when they never give up on the charade :thumbsup:

Back