Alignment question

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
So I have GC sleeves on my suspension. today I jacked my car up to do something and then when I put my car back down it sat higher than it originally did. Turns out my sleeve was sitting slightly crooked on my shocks so it was a bit higher
My question is do I need another alignment cause my car sat slightly higher due to a crooked placed spring for like five miles

If this makes no sense I will elaborate when I get to a computer it's annoying to type on a phone

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I would say always get an alignment after the ride height has been adjusted, might have tweeked the toes or camber.

99accord boi

Reaction score
no not as long as it went back to its regular/ original height and i know exactly wat ur reffering to
one of the down sides of having sleeves is wen u lower the car back on the ground u have to properlly place the sleeves back into place

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Can you go into more detail about that?

OP, did you get any photos of the sleeve out of place?

Stee-Bo

Reaction score

No i dont have any photo because I fixed it already, but basically with sleeves once you jack up your car, there is no pre-load on the spring so the spring is free to move around. it is important to make sure that when lowering the car back down the car sits flat on the spring. In my case the spring was kinda tilted so the car didnt sit flat on the spring, because the spring was almost like angled. This way the car sat higher than it normally would

99accord boi

Reaction score

its not something that is a very big deal either jus have to slowly drop the car down and depending if the spring has settled in its spot were its sposed to keep droping or if not move it so it does

Macsrule15

Reaction score
my car did the same thing with my cut springs the suspension has more droop than the spring is long.. lol so it comes loose evry time just carefully stick your hand in there and guide it into place with a brick under the tire or something so when one side is settled the other side is still lifted enough to get your hand in there and repeat for rear if needed =]

DISCLAIMER i am not responsible for cut off arms

only do it with a skilled person working the jack handle and a good jack that lets down slow!

good luck bro!

Back