Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

When I got my TL-S rsb in, I looked to see where the 4pt would bolt to the subframe and I cant find where it'd go.. :coffee:

Is this an easy thing to install? like could I do it by myself one afternoon? Or should I just have a shop install it when they put in the rear sway bar, strut tower brace, and rear lower tie bar?

You could do all of those yourself in an afternoon.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Re: Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord

I wonder how these Ultra Racing parts designed for the CF4 fit, like the fender brace

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?Brand=Honda&Model=Accord%20CF4,CL1&page=1

researched it...
I am actually waiting on Throwdown Performance to get a response from Ultra Racing. This issue started about 2 months ago with a customer taking measurements of the door hinges for Throwdown. They have recently sent this matter to U/R and still waiting a response. so it is slow going trying to get an answer.

In the meantime, I talked it over with Dinzdale40 and he thinks the fender braces may NOT work.

1 problem we see, is in fact the door hinge spacing. Is it the same as our USA Accords or not?

NOTE:
They will require some modification in order to sit flush on the Unibody.

Take a look at picture #1. See that seam that juts out about 1/8 of an inch. That seam is going to prevent the brace from sitting flush. You DO NOT want to modify that seam. You would need to modify the front mounting area of the brace itself.

IMG_9484.jpg

Take a look at pic #2, U/R's pic of the brace on a CF4. See the "lip" that goes over the unibody, that is the front mounting area I was talking about. It would need to be cut off.

In pic #3, compare the door hinges and fender area of the unibody against pic #2. Not exactly the same, but, pretty darn close.

579-thickbox_default.jpg

_MG_9302.jpg

Even with measurements, comparing pictures and such, There is still no guarantee they would mount up flush, correctly, etc. The Geometry could be off slighlty, and would prevent the brace from mounting up correctly.

In my not-so-professional opinion, test fitting the actual brace itself on our USA Accord is a must. I am not ready to dish out the $130 to try it. Maybe after I get a response from Throwdown in regards to Ultra Racing's answer.

I also researched the 4 point lower REAR brace. On my car and possibly on ALL the USA Accords, the exhaust pipe seems to be a clearance issue. I have 2.5 inch exhaust and it hangs kinda low. I'm sure it could be modified to provide clearance for the brace. You would need to have the piping run really close to the "channel", or what I mean is, close to the car body.

Take a look at some pics and judge for yourself. The 1st three are from a Torneo with the 4 point brace installed. The last one is pic of a Honda-Tech member's car without the brace, again from a Torneo.

Underside1.jpg

Underside3.jpg

Underside4.jpg

Underside2.jpg

Last edited:

Geewiz

Reaction score

Wow, that was well detailed +1 and thanks.

9450erick

Reaction score

just want to bump this thread because now i am rocking a UR 4 point brace
OMG you do not know how much more stiff my car is. i feel there is literally no body roll. i love this thing :omghi2u:
its also paired with a 24mm progress rear sway bar so thats a plus. i just need a front strut(neuspeed+acura cl) and FFtype 2.5 and bam my car is ready for the track.....
oh and did i mention i have i4 under the hood. so yeah now its confirmed this brace will fit both v6 and i4
sorry for rant just excited

Geewiz

Reaction score

Purchased for my 4-cyl just now. Thanks for being the pioneer test fitter. Too bad different seller on ebay for it now and 20 bucks more.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

OMG you do not know how much more stiff my car is. i feel there is literally no body roll. i love this thing :omghi2u:
its also paired with a 24mm progress rear sway bar so thats a plus. i just need a front strut(neuspeed+acura cl) and FFtype 2.5 and bam my car is ready for the track.....
oh and did i mention i have i4 under the hood. so yeah now its confirmed this brace will fit both v6 and i4

thanks for taking the initiative and helping us 4 cyls out. Can you take some pics under your car to show us a general look of how close it would be with our exhaust piping? thank you.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score

That's good to know just like Lemon said I can have a track ready car
I'm so hyped :beer:

9450erick

Reaction score

omg i fell in love with my car all over again. this brace is great. i cant explain how much i love it. i pretty much have the worst suspension set up. springs+stock struts. literally a day before i put the brace on my car was bouncy as fawk(saving for coils FFtype2.5). this brave makes bumps literally disappear while giving you a firmer feel of the body. also you steering wheel gets firmer almost like power steering is is on 1/2 the help mode(not too extreme though). i love this thing. will be uploading pics shortly
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

i want this so bad.... but i don't think it will clear my exhaust system :( I have 3" pipes all the way around.

Back