Clunking while braking under 20 mph?

Rabiaa

Reaction score
Whenever I hit the brake going relatively slow, under 20 mph, I hear a clunking sound coming from the front left of the car. I read that it might be a loose brake caliper; I checked it and that's not what it is. Fearing that it's the strut :/ Any of you guys have any ideas as to what it might be?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Whenever I hit the brake going relatively slow, under 20 mph, I hear a clunking sound coming from the front left of the car. I read that it might be a loose brake caliper; I checked it and that's not what it is. Fearing that it's the strut :/ Any of you guys have any ideas as to what it might be?

Jack up the corner in question and check for the usuals (ball joints/tierods by placing hands at 9/3 and 12/6 and pushing and pulling and looking for play). Inspect all bushings in the upper/lower control arm for deterioration and cracks. Next inspect the butterfly springs that hold the pads in place. Are they loose? If so take the caliper and pads off and squeeze/bend the butterfly spring so it'll be a tighter fit. Re-install and recheck for noise.

Back