Serious Damage - Rebuilding of my baby

maplesyrup

Reaction score
So my story starts a couple months back, in august...

Cruising my Accord on a nice summer day, life is good, come around this corner and little did i know the corner had Mt.Everest for a hump in the middle of it. Long story short, the car hit the hump, locked the front wheels and sent me into a curb at 50km/h. Due to school and not working the car has been parked until last week. I pulled it into the garage to begin assesing the damages and tearing it down. The things I found were terrible. Upper and lower control arms are both toast, CV on drivers side is bent, spindle is bent, rack and pinion is fubar, strut is bent, my rim cracked and a chunk was busted right out of it; basically everything on the drivers side is toast. Apon further investigation. My worst fear had come true. The front subframe is bent, bent badly, so bad it broke the engine mount bracket off the timing cover, and the front one. So if anyone has an entire front subframe assembly PM me with price and location. Going to keep this thread posted with the rebuild and what not. Probably going to put it on some coilovers and do some slight suspension mods. I'll keep you guys posted, take care.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I got no parts...

they do: car-part.com

But, I don't know if they do Canada.

Pat

Reaction score
I have had bad success with them in canada.
Ordered items on two seperate occasions where they say "in stock" on the website. Then I get an email saying they actually don't have them. Then I get a phone call from California asking if I would like a different brand of the same part... Both times, much more expensive parts were offered instead of the inexpensive one I bought. I don't like people who do business like that.

Pat

Reaction score
My advice is go to an auto auction. Our cars with higher milage go through there for 300-700 dollars all the time. There is one in barrie every weekend.
Use all parts possible out of that car, then take it to the wreckers.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I guess I should throw in, that's more like a search tool for me...so far junkers had what they claimed, I skip c-p and go there to buy it.

Brad2274

Reaction score
I had an accident last year where my front right wheel went into a truck and wrecked the wheel, bent steering rod end an inch(it was undriveable), knuckle, and upper arm. i had some spares so i only spent like $40 for the suspension parts and its all square now.

But in your case the best option is to first, buy a car wrecked in the back or bad engine(sedan or coupe, just needs to be same engine type as yours, acura TL/CL will work if youre v6 as well) it would be easiest if you had a shop with two lifts.
remove both front subframes with engine and suspension all at once from both cars, swap engines(or keep if its better) and lower your car onto donor setup, thatd be the quickest and easiest way

Back