e-motors usa Coilovers from eBay

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
so if people wants so bad a stiff ride why ksport tein or other brands make them adjustable? so you can adjust them to not be sooo stiff? for me they are ok because im not looking for a trampoline car i just want a perfect fitment i dont like buy some springs and dont fit where i want to...

Im NOT drifting or going to the track so i dont need a tein suspension or ksport to make my car looks nice as matter of fact why i should put a $1k coilovers kit? i just got a accord not an Evo or STI...

What?

You do realize what I said right? Or did you just read the "stiff ride".

Ask anyone who owns FF type 1's and ask why they would rather upgrade to BC/D2/Ksport/Type 2.5's. They are so soft when you're slammed they bottom out because of no damping and the rates sucks for their drop.

You're the typical civic owner not willing to buy quality parts because they own an Accord.

Watch when you realize the shocks are blown from **** product without warranty you just lost yourself $300+ then fix more broken parts.

Also people are willing to spend $1000+ for coilovers because of quality parts even if it means just slamming your car.

Shadow1

Reaction score
from all the sites i've been to, i've yet to really see any bad reviews on these. of course you got all the people out there saying "DONT BUY THEM" only because they buy and have money for brand names like Ksport, D2s, Stance and other bands $900+.

guess what folks? all these other brands started out the same way. all the "dont buy them" folks saying it because they were cheaper than the $1k+ full coilovers out there. but has anyone even tried it? nope. they just say it because of the price. but now look at Function Form. im sure everyone looked at it when they 1st came out and said no. then people started buying them and liked them. then more people got them.

and i feel somewhat the say way the OP does. im not tracking my car. why spend $900+ on a set of coils overs with 100 ways of dampening adjustabillity when its going to get put on ONE setting and NEVER get changed again? lowering springs won't give me the drop i want so i go with full coilovers. i can adjust it to the drop i want and boom. done.

OP. let me know how they turn out in a couple months. it'll add to the reviews that are already around online. out of all the people that posted about the, 90%...thats 90% of the ones who posted about them never owned them, heard of them or even knew anyone that had them. they just went with mob mentality and said "don't get them ebay crap". i know someone who got ebay coilovers on GR-2s and loves the ride. has had them for the past 5yrs and not ONE strut has blown. no crazy bounce either. i had ebay sleeves on Skunk2 struts. rode perfectly fine. no blown struts. no crazy bounce.

stop always being the 1st one to say no to something. i can see if it was a full coilover set up and it was $200 shipped. THATS when id be questioning the quality. Raceland makes $300-400 full coilovers. seen all the reviews. out of ALL the reviews, i've only seen 2 out of the 50-70 reviews where the strut went bad. but BOTH people admitted to installation error. now i see a lot of people in the VW and BMW world running them. no issues.

in closing. the OP has a good point. he's not tracking the car. he's most likely going to do what 95% of the people on this site do when they get full coilovers. drop it down to one setting and leave it. for at LEAST a year or two til they get new wheels of some stance look then drop it down a 1/2" and it'll still ride fine. get off his case.

ejreams

Reaction score
from all the sites i've been to, i've yet to really see any bad reviews on these. of course you got all the people out there saying "DONT BUY THEM" only because they buy and have money for brand names like Ksport, D2s, Stance and other bands $900+.

guess what folks? all these other brands started out the same way. all the "dont buy them" folks saying it because they were cheaper than the $1k+ full coilovers out there. but has anyone even tried it? nope. they just say it because of the price. but now look at Function Form. im sure everyone looked at it when they 1st came out and said no. then people started buying them and liked them. then more people got them.

and i feel somewhat the say way the OP does. im not tracking my car. why spend $900+ on a set of coils overs with 100 ways of dampening adjustabillity when its going to get put on ONE setting and NEVER get changed again? lowering springs won't give me the drop i want so i go with full coilovers. i can adjust it to the drop i want and boom. done.

OP. let me know how they turn out in a couple months. it'll add to the reviews that are already around online. out of all the people that posted about the, 90%...thats 90% of the ones who posted about them never owned them, heard of them or even knew anyone that had them. they just went with mob mentality and said "don't get them ebay crap". i know someone who got ebay coilovers on GR-2s and loves the ride. has had them for the past 5yrs and not ONE strut has blown. no crazy bounce either. i had ebay sleeves on Skunk2 struts. rode perfectly fine. no blown struts. no crazy bounce.

stop always being the 1st one to say no to something. i can see if it was a full coilover set up and it was $200 shipped. THATS when id be questioning the quality. Raceland makes $300-400 full coilovers. seen all the reviews. out of ALL the reviews, i've only seen 2 out of the 50-70 reviews where the strut went bad. but BOTH people admitted to installation error. now i see a lot of people in the VW and BMW world running them. no issues.

in closing. the OP has a good point. he's not tracking the car. he's most likely going to do what 95% of the people on this site do when they get full coilovers. drop it down to one setting and leave it. for at LEAST a year or two til they get new wheels of some stance look then drop it down a 1/2" and it'll still ride fine. get off his case.

The setup you use as an example is an adjustable ebay sleeve? On a strut made by a well known company the GR-2 that is designed to compensate for worn setups. So, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's working, but that's different than what this person has chosen to buy. Typically we don't see springs or sleeves busting and or wearing first on these products, it's the strut tubes because they are poorly designed. Then you talk about using Skunk 2 Struts with the same type of sleeves, again... of course it worked, they are high quality strut tubes.

You call people out for being skeptical or judging it without owning them first, well that obviously comes from peoples past negative experiences. If you want to hop on the band wagon so quickly, and jump to the defense of the products then how about you just buy a set like you're suggesting instead of waiting for the results of the OP's decision in a few months?

Most people have learned by now that, you get what you pay for.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
......Raceland makes $300-400 full coilovers. seen all the reviews. out of ALL the reviews, i've only seen 2 out of the 50-70 reviews where the strut went bad. but BOTH people admitted to installation error. now i see a lot of people in the VW and BMW world running them. no issues.....

The reason Raceland can sell them cheaper than most others is that they do not advertise and they themselves are the only people that sell them. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Their build quality and ride isn't the greatest IMO, having ridden in a S13 240sx and an NA miata, but that's just me maybe.

Generally, most people (myself included) spent good money on coilovers because of the reputable name. Most of us, if not all, know our coils are built to last. We are paying good money for something we know will get us where we want and it will last a while.

The problem with eBay things is you just never know. It could be good, or it could be bad. I've had bad experiences with eBay quality items and I've had good ones as well. Maybe these will turn out to be nice, but it's doubtful.

Usually when something is unusually cheap, it's either bad build quality or shortcuts. Either way, your looking at a short life for the suspension. Just save your money, in the end, it's worth it.

Shadow1

Reaction score
The reason Raceland can sell them cheaper than most others is that they do not advertise and they themselves are the only people that sell them. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Their build quality and ride isn't the greatest IMO, having ridden in a S13 240sx and an NA miata, but that's just me maybe.

Generally, most people (myself included) spent good money on coilovers because of the reputable name. Most of us, if not all, know our coils are built to last. We are paying good money for something we know will get us where we want and it will last a while.

The problem with eBay things is you just never know. It could be good, or it could be bad. I've had bad experiences with eBay quality items and I've had good ones as well. Maybe these will turn out to be nice, but it's doubtful.

Usually when something is unusually cheap, it's either bad build quality or shortcuts. Either way, your looking at a short life for the suspension. Just save your money, in the end, it's worth it.

understandable for sure. and i don't think I've seen Raceland sold anywhere else. no other websites or anything. so the money that's spent on paying other royalties or other fees. so its understandable that they don't sell them too high.

honestly, i've yet to have any issues with eBay items. especially with suspension. as long as it's paired with the right parts, they run fine. like my eBay sleeves on the Skunk2 struts. loved the ride. and my friend with sleeves and GR-2 struts.

my only thing is not to knock stuff so quick just because someone got it off eBay. its not eBay that produces this stuff, its different companies. people don't think about that when they see someone got something off eBay. if might be one of those things where the company is using eBay to sell it at a good price to get people to buy it. see the reviews, and improve on the product is bad reviews are seen. not just sell crap and not care about the people who give bad reviews on it.

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
Racelands don't sell for much because they are for looks! I've been in vw's with racelands and ones with some nice setups like KW's and one with H&R's and there is no comparison.

The racelands would compare to the function and form type ones I have.

- You can go low! lay frame if you want!
- Look good? if you like low
- Tuck rims? sure!
- and then after about a month you ask yourself why your oil pan is leaking oil (hint hint; it's because of the trampoline ride these coilovers offer you under 23" fender height)

my main thing is that I have had no issues with my type ones where every person I know with raceland ultimos have blown at least a few!

Shadow1

Reaction score
The setup you use as an example is an adjustable ebay sleeve? On a strut made by a well known company the GR-2 that is designed to compensate for worn setups. So, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it's working, but that's different than what this person has chosen to buy. Typically we don't see springs or sleeves busting and or wearing first on these products, it's the strut tubes because they are poorly designed. Then you talk about using Skunk 2 Struts with the same type of sleeves, again... of course it worked, they are high quality strut tubes.

You call people out for being skeptical or judging it without owning them first, well that obviously comes from peoples past negative experiences. If you want to hop on the band wagon so quickly, and jump to the defense of the products then how about you just buy a set like you're suggesting instead of waiting for the results of the OP's decision in a few months?

Most people have learned by now that, you get what you pay for.

if i had the money, i sure would buy a set. wouldn't mind it at all.

out of all the "no" people, how many of them have actually ran any of the parts that they say "don't get"? 5-10%. GR-2s are meant to be factory replacement. not used for aftermarket lowering springs, much less sleeves. i use them as an example because everyone said dont get them, dont get ebay sleeves. they suck. got them and no issues. got the sleeves. no issues. i had ebay sleeves on stock struts and they rode well. just as long as they weren't slammed, they actually rode pretty well.

i don't jump on any wagon without doing research yet. i dont spend money on a lot of things unless i've seen reviews and was pleased with the ones i've seen. just like intakes. i haven't got one yet because i've been looking around seeing reviews on them for my TSX. suspension is the same way. looked around for guys who have got eBay sleeves and found one guy who actually did a review on them. found out the spring rate and tested them out. havent seen anything bad yet.

i would be more than happy right now to buy that suspension set up. i have my own in mind right now i plan to put together. and will soon. til then ill be waiting to buy it.

Back