THE Exhaust Review Thread

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
Brand & model: Stock muffler delete, leave pre-muffler

Price paid and from where: Free in my garage

Pros: Gives almost the exact sound I want, not too loud but definitely noticeable, and as far as performance im really not concerned since im very into car audio

Cons: Slightly raspy cold, but it wasnt before I got a megan header(which was 130 on ebay fyi and i enjoy it)

Final verdict: Duh! It was free!

Last edited:

BLACK SUNSHINE

Reaction score
Brand & model: Megan racing --NA Type Cat Back Exhaust System
98-02 Honda Accord Coupe V6

Price paid and from where: 630.00 shiped, Bonehead performance inc

Pros:- HIGH quality, good tone, all hardware included, direct bolt on , no mods needed

Cons:--- maybe a bit loud for some..

Final verdict: excellent set up.......

015.jpg

007-1.jpg

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
Be warned, this sounds horrible with this camera but it gives you a general idea, its a little mellower in person and was quiter and mellower without the header also...

Revving:
View My Video

In car:
View My Video

ftg50i.jpg

2epkr9z.jpg

So yea, its free, besides what I paid for the duals+tips welded on

Last edited:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Apexi WS2
Price paid and from where: $500 from www.directtuning.com
Pros: deep, bass rumble, almost non existent when cruising
Cons: a little louder than i would have expected, however not overly loud
Final verdict: I love it. I couldn't have asked for more from an exhaust. I'm glad i didn't go custom and bought the full cat-back.

UPDATED 06-08-2010: I've since removed the catback, had since become droning and bothersome at all rpm. Too much attention for my taste, i've since purchased an aftermarket OEM exhaust. Stick with the stock cat-back folks.

Brand & Model: DC Sports Ceramic Header
Price paid and from where: $300 from www.raceinspired.com
Pros: pronounces the exhaust note, a more aggressive sound, slightly better acceleration overall. Now with I/H/E, the car still isn't very loud.
Cons: none really, happy with the purchase.
Final verdict: I would recommend this to everyone buying an intake or exhaust, this will give you some minimal gains as well.

UPDATED 06-08-2010: I still have the header installed, this time with stock intake and exhaust system; i can notice a gain in low-end torque, as where i had the aftermarket cat-back exhaust, i felt as if i had greatly lost low-end acceleration. This is a good mod, if you want some quicker pick-up.

Last edited:

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Flowmaster 40 series
Price paid & from where: $160 form advance autoparts (bought 2)
Pros: Good deep sound,not too loud but sets off the alarm on my civic when i rev:hihi:
Cons:None
Final Verdict: i love it and im glad i bought them,im thinking bout deleting my premuffler to give it more aggressive sound.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Brand & model: Magnaflow stainless steel catback exhaust
Price paid and from where: $450 from performancepeddler.com
Pros: Looks sporty and aggressive, but the mufflers and tips do not look too huge. Makes the car sound more throaty on acceleration esp around 3.5k when the V2 kicks in. Good adjustability, I got mine so the tips barely stick out beyond the rear lip. Engine definitely breathes better, no lag.
Cons: Detracts from the roar the V2 makes somewhat, but what is gone in loudness is made up for in added throatiness.
Final verdict: Tasteful exhaust with good sound and noticeable performance. Best mix of everything for the money.

DSC01653a.jpg

DSC01631a.jpg

Brand & model: Comptech headers w/OEM gaskets
Price paid and from where: $670 from a member
Pros: Good quality, more responsive throttle and gives of a nice tone
Cons: Had to cut and re-weld the flange on the y-pipe since the guy I bought it from did not return it to OEM.
Final verdict: Quality product, and rare. With my Magnaflow these headers produced a slightly higher pitched exhaust note, sounds more like a race exhaust now. One of the best sets of headers if you can find them.

Last edited:

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
Brand & model: DC Style 4-2-1 SS Header
Price paid and from where: Around $80 + Shipping
Pros: Love the SS look after several uses (the purple/blue burned look :D) Sounds slightly different, tires spin a little more. Works like a header should.
Cons: Had to repair gasket b/c of cheap welding job. but of course it was from ebay lol but repairs were free.
Final verdict: If u want some headers, roll ebay lol. they all do the same thing anyways haha

1000755j.jpg

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Brand & model: tenrai cat back
Price paid and from where: $200 shipped from ebay
Pros: fit perfect. quiet when driving but still a little rumble. loud when accelerating. nice deep growling tone, not raspy at all. can notice a bit of an acelleration gain when combined with a CAI
Cons: i thought it was weird the name was stamped on the to top the tip, i like it better on the side. gaskets are a little leaky. small leak out of one of the welds on the hanger.
Final verdict: i love it, great exhaust for the price.

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Brand & model: Thrush Welded universal dual-chambered mufflers \

Thrush_weldglassp1.jpg

-Application: coupe, J30a1

Price paid and from where: 40$ each from Advance Auto Parts

Pros: Extremely deep tone (especially up to 2000rpm), yet not too loud with no raspiness. 2 1/2" outlet fits flush with muffler tips. Muffler is a perfect shape, is not barrel shaped like a Greddy or Apexi. Looks great with OEM lip or no lip kit at all.

Cons: drones at freeway speeds. deep tone might give some a headache. Also, the Y-pipe must be moved forward roughly 1.5" for the mufflers to fit.

Final verdict: Definately worth the money. For an extremely aggressive, deep tone like a larger 4.0, 3.8L V6 but don't want to spend alot, this is a perfect muffler.

Back