How to inexpensively improve F23A1?

hangren

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a problem with the F23A1 engine - oil flows, a slight loss in power. So I plan to disassemble the engine head, check everything, replace valve seals, gaskets, etc.
As I will disassemble the engine, then I have an idea to improve it. Ran across a forum on the topic of engine G23 (F23 block + H22 head). Was curious to try. Tell me how I can increase engine power without large investments of money? I want to meet the $ 1000 for parts (used or new). There are some options?

My Car - Honda Accord Coupe 6 gen 2002 SE 2.3 AT F23A1.

Thank you!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
MT

Bolt-ons do nothing

^Agreed! Before you can consider embarking on any build, whether it be a G23 build or another engine swap such as the F20B or H22, you need to ditch the auto and get a manual. Then, while you are in the process of switching, if you plan on doing the G23 build, go ahead and throw a Stage 1 Clutch and light weight flywheel in there while you have the transmission off. That's your first step in your power gain :beer:

danmccormick87

Reaction score
The unexpected decision :) But logical.
Please tell me which model of MT compatible with my engine? From which cars?
What exactly, except of the gearbox, I need to change?

Thank you!

Search will be your friend here, but CLICKY HERE to find a transmission compatible. Any H or F series should bolt up, you'll need the pedal, flywheel, transmission, MT ECU, shifter, cabling, and I think I might be missing something, but that's the jist of it.

hangren

Reaction score
Search will be your friend here, but HERE to find a transmission compatible. Any H or F series should bolt up, you'll need the pedal, flywheel, transmission, MT ECU, shifter, cabling, and I think I might be missing something, but that's the jist of it.

Excellent! I will study this question.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Saw some other people discussing this. My car is a manual so my question is would it be better to a full h22 swap or swap heads and make the g23? I know the f23 block can hold boost better but I don't plan on boosting my car.

Back