This is what happens when your CV Axle breaks (Carnage Pics Inside)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
that must have sucked. I can imagine that being pretty damn terrifying if it happened on the interstate. glad you're alright

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Did suck indeed. In retrospect, I probably should have sued Mitsu (that is who paid me, I don't know how that all works out) as I started getting panic attacks 6 months later and have only really started to be back to normal in the last year (7 years ago it started). My psychiatrist said it would be a pretty easy case. Anyway, yes, it sucked horribly lol.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Damn this exact same thing happened to me.. it was the lower ball joint, it just snapped while doing a u-turn at like 1mph right in front of mcdonalds and my wheel came off. It was so embarrassing, then a cop came and called a tow truck, and they moved my car behind the mcdonalds parking lot.. Then I went on a mission that day finding a new fender, control arm, axle, etc. and drove it back home like 10 hours later.. it sucks man cus it's embarassing, and I had at least 3-4 assholes behind me constantly honking at me to get out of the road like as if it was possible for me to do so, that day sucked! I'm glad your okay man and I hope you fix it soon, good luck

MrLazie1

Reaction score
good thing you're okay. looks like maybe the strap that holds the boot together might have wore out or something. also that piece that you found goes into those 3 slots you see on the other piece of the axle that is connected to the tranny. it allows the cv joint to plunge in and out of there.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
what does a bad ball joint look like?

normally you will only see them from the boot up when they are installed
ball-joint-51220-SR3-013.jpg

Kyle0614

Reaction score
My personal mechanic fixed it and she's back on the road...the camber is off by 2 degrees but not enough to effect driving...he told me you would have to replace the radius arm too get the camber exactly back to were it was but would not be a concern with driving for right now and so far it is doing well, and I did not want a helluva bill lol...but, all I need now is a primered fender and the good news is my mom is starting a new job and she was like if you just wait about 5 months I'll get the whole car repainted for you, I was like okay lol..it's kind of a christmas present I guess (early anyway lol) thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Congrats, that's good to know man! and nice on the future paint job, can I get one for Christmas too? :lawl:

Back