DIY video on how to change your Timing/B on ur 98-2002 4cyl accord.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I have a video here from youtube on how to change your timing belt on a 98-2002 honda accord 4cylinder Vtec. I am not able to send via-email since most free email accounts won't let me send such a large file. So here is a link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmasxgJdXJ8

Please consider stickying this thread for future reference. I have the file downloaded to my computer, if there is a way I can send to our 6thgen server please let me know.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I searched endlessly for this video, so if anyone could give me rep points that would be great.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Would a MAP torch work good for the crank bolt, I doesnt haz teh acteylene torches

If you have a good air gun I dont think u would even need a acetylene torch. Make sure U try not to use extensions when taking it off as he said in the vid. A torch just makes the bolt come out very easy. I dont know if a map torch would work, u could always try.

ray01

Reaction score
^^^
DO NOT HEAT UP THE CRANK PULLEY BOLT
this can damage your crank seal and will most likely leak oil, unless you are replacing the seal anyways
if you are having trouble removing the bolt, get a crank pulley holder and a breaker bar and use some muscle lol

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^^^
DO NOT HEAT UP THE CRANK PULLEY BOLT
this can damage your crank seal and will most likely leak oil, unless you are replacing the seal anyways
if you are having trouble removing the bolt, get a crank pulley holder and a breaker bar and use some muscle lol

Replacing seals is part of changing a belt. Atleast it should be, along with ur water pump and belt tensioner.

Back