H22 Swap

kili

Reaction score
Sweet! That's great to know. I'm no where near getting an H22 just yet. Just as soon as my truck sells will I get to do this, swap. For now, I'm just researching and preparing.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Do you guys get the toyota SC14 Superchargers in the US??
I been looking at these for the Euro R, as I love the sound of a Supercharger, and the SC14's are an electronic clutched item. So in theory you should be able to have it engage during certain load conditions, making it fuel economic at the same time. Another good thing about them is the ability to run an intercooler, bringing down charge air temps (something that concerns me about the Jackson Racing Superchargers)
Anyways I was wondering what your thoughts were on the ring lands in the H22A being able to sustain approx 8PSI of boost - would it be safe with that low amount of boost??

Drift

Reaction score
Do you guys get the toyota SC14 Superchargers in the US??
I been looking at these for the Euro R, as I love the sound of a Supercharger, and the SC14's are an electronic clutched item. So in theory you should be able to have it engage during certain load conditions, making it fuel economic at the same time. Another good thing about them is the ability to run an intercooler, bringing down charge air temps (something that concerns me about the Jackson Racing Superchargers)
Anyways I was wondering what your thoughts were on the ring lands in the H22A being able to sustain approx 8PSI of boost - would it be safe with that low amount of boost??

It would be plenty safe. You'd just have to get a good tune, run a fairly conservative timing map and be sure to run the highest octane pump gas you can find.

My issue is that I despise superchargers. They are garbage. Ive installed a ton of them on hondas, and they make decent power. . . But they suck to maintain and the intake air temps are through the roof! Plus, I can't stand the sound! That whining is soooo annoying. I hate listening to a supercharger on the dyno. I'd much rather listen to a GT30r at full tilt.

Not many Toyotas came superchargers from the factory in the US, although they do offer a TRD package for a few select models. I dont know any of Toyota blower labels are though. What did the SC14's come on? It sounds like it runs similarly to an A/C compressor.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Its a 1.4ltr Roots Style teflon coated Supercharger thats fitted to the 2.4 litre (2TZ-FZE) Toyota Previa / Estima. The clutch setup is very similar to that of an air con unit, so I guess you could run it on a switch so it doesn't constantly whine??
Thing I like about this style of Charger is its possible to run an intercooler in the setup. I know what you mean by the intake charge air temps goin through the roof, if I were to run a Jackson Racing setup (no intercooler) I would most likely run a water methanol injection setup to keep them in check - far from fit and forget

What I wanted to know was whether or not the ring lands would withstand the boost
(I've heard they are the weak link in a boosted H22A setup - perhaps at higher boost levels) which of course Nick was kind enough to answer.:thumbsup:

dvilla5506

Reaction score
i wish i understood all this timing map and stuff..........i think superchargers are good for drift cuz no lag time like a turbo thats just my opinion

akoutmos

Reaction score
It would be plenty safe. You'd just have to get a good tune, run a fairly conservative timing map and be sure to run the highest octane pump gas you can find.

i wish i understood all this timing map and stuff..........i think superchargers are good for drift cuz no lag time like a turbo thats just my opinion

When he says a fairly conservative timing map he means that your ignition map cannot be advanced to the point where it borders detonation. Running slightly more retarded would be safer for the motor but with a trade off of a little power. Although going too retarded is bad also since exhaust gas temps will go through the roof. That's why anti-lag kills turbos, since it retards ignition timing. btw advanced means adding ignition timing (i.e spark goes off sooner than top dead center) while retarding means going closer to top dead center when spark goes off.

SuperMidget

Reaction score
wow reproducing these mounts... is it hard? and what about my 02 accord? able to modify the h22 mount to fit mine?

cuz... that'd just be plain sexy.:omgbd:

Drift

Reaction score
wow reproducing these mounts... is it hard? and what about my 02 accord? able to modify the h22 mount to fit mine?

cuz... that'd just be plain sexy.:omgbd:

Its not hard when you have a full machine shop and a tig welder readily at hand.

And yeah, when the time comes, I can make you one too.

Back