Size of Crush Washers?

SuperDrewb

Reaction score
Hi there, just bought an 02 Accord EX Manual 5 Speed with 190k miles. It seems to be in great condition but the owner wasn't too crazy about changing the fluids. I'm aiming to stock up on supplies to change oil and transmission fluid.

Does anyone know if the crush washers for the Oil Drain Plug and the Transmission Drain Plug are the same size? They're kind of like Steve Harwell and Guy Fieri - I can't find both of them in the same place.

Thanks!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oil is 14mm
Trans is 17mm I believe.

Just go to the dealer and get them, they're fairly cheap.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
The transmission has two crush washers, one for draining and the other for filling, one of those crush washers is the same size as the oil pan plug washer. So in total you need 3, should be as easy as walking into your Honda dealer and heading to the parts counter, grab a few extra while you are there if you plan on keeping the car any length of time.

SuperDrewb

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I have to say, definitely more fast support on this forum than most other vehicle forums I've been a part of. I'll make a run into the dealer today and grab a good stash.

trillobite

Reaction score
Also, if you have a torque wrench, they are really handy for this job. The oil drain plug torque spec is around 33ft/lbs, which is MUCH lower torque than I usually place on bolts by hand.

And congrats on scoring a 5spd manual Accord, I'm jealous!

Back