Moving on from the Accord - 2011 WRX Hatch

xluben

Reaction score
I've finally decided to move on from my Accord. It still runs great, but I was just ready for something new. I still have the Honda, but it will be listed locally pretty soon.

I looked at a lot of different cars when trying to decide what to get next. I really wanted a a 5 door hatch and a manual transmission, so that ruled out a lot of things. The last deciding factor was AWD (for MN winters). The WRX was really the only thing that fit the bill. When the '11 was released, I really loved the look. Only had the car for a week so far, but I like it a lot! A little faster than my Accord :)

The car was pretty hard to come by. Ended up getting it shipped in (dealer trade) from Indiana. It was the only black 5 door on the lot in the country! Looking forward to trying it out in the MN snow!

Now for the photos. Car isn't real clean. I didn't wash it, just parked and snapped some shots. I love the '11 wheels and the widebody look, but I can't stand the clear tail lights.

1061992823_M5H2U-XL.jpg

1061996952_H7JE2-XL.jpg

1061991387_C8SmM-XL.jpg

1061995259_5qCJJ-XL.jpg

1061994267_CGhLk-XL.jpg

1061993980_CdGL5-XL.jpg

1061991922_v2NGw-XL.jpg

1061992459_ABWSn-XL.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Whoa I didn't know those things had quad exhaust...that seems a bit excessive lol.

Nice pickup though, congrats. And good call picking the hatch over that Kia Rio looking sedan.

Pee ess, tint the tails.

Last edited:

xluben

Reaction score
Whoa I didn't know those things had quad exhaust...that seems a bit excessive lol.

Nice pickup though, congrats. And good call picking the hatch over that Kia Rio looking sedan.

Pee ess, tint the tails.
It's just one pipe and one muffler, but it sure does look cool.

I love the hatch. Sedan is pretty boring, but the '11 looks pretty good.

Looking into the tails. Wish someone sold OEM quality red/clears (like I had on my Accord).

yeah just a little
if it was an STI
i woudl be a lot of little faster
The new WRX's are faster in a straight line than the STI's!

It really is a lot more fun to drive than my Accord :thumbup:

meximan16

Reaction score
It's just one pipe and one muffler, but it sure does look cool.

I love the hatch. Sedan is pretty boring, but the '11 looks pretty good.

Looking into the tails. Wish someone sold OEM quality red/clears (like I had on my Accord).

The new WRX's are faster in a straight line than the STI's!

It really is a lot more fun to drive than my Accord :thumbup:
i bet it is more fun. i never really liked those clear tails either, there's some red clears i've seen on some sti's around here i think theyre oem, just gotta look around.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
looks great man. that most of been hella exciting and im sure it still is.

the tails are, meh... i like the ones meximan posted up or u could just black out the clear part....

I would consider some coils overs and drop that beast as well...

wrx's come turbo as well right?

Back