i think its my Transmission

Yoshiix3

Reaction score
Whenever i accelerate my car seems to jerk when its shifting gears anyone know whats wrong ? do i need to get a new trans.?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Your transmission is slipping. You can try to replace the shift solenoids and do a few drain and refills.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^That and start saving for a swap.

Pick up a tranny cooler while you are at it.

B & M makes one.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Or search, and compare what you're experiencing to what others have gone through so you can make more informed choices as to what to do next.

jwong512

Reaction score
I would swap out the transmission fluid for the newer Honda DW-1 fluid. I would also recommend installing a transmission cooler. It might just be slipping due to the recent heat that we've been experiencing so hopefully there's no permanent damage done. Check to make sure that your intake and all the vacuum hoses are connected properly to ensure that there are no other problems with the car that could affect acceleration. I would also check your motor/tranny mounts to make sure that none of them are blown. My friend had a blown transmission mount and we thought it was slipping but turns out if it's blown it could have a jerky shift during acceleration.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Whenever i accelerate my car seems to jerk when its shifting gears anyone know whats wrong ? do i need to get a new trans.?

Are you driving it like you stole the car or going easy and allowing it to shift at 2-3k rpm?
Does it do it from 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, 3rd-4th?
Do the revs hit high before the next gear catches, with a possible thud/jerk?
Have you been changing(draining/filling the tranny fluid once a year with oem honda fluid?
Have you had the car scanned for possible fluid pressure switch codes?
Is the tranny fluid level at the correct mark on the dipstick(checked with the car hot)

TheMole

Reaction score
I know some may be against this, but try adding some Lubegard Red (50902 or 60902) to the ATF if you find that the solutions mentioned above don't work. It smoothed out the shifting/shudder in my 93 Lexus GS.

Last edited:

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
I know some may be against this, but try adding some Lubegard Red (50902 or 60902) to the ATF if you find that the solutions mentioned above don't work. It smoothed out the shifting/shudder in my 93 Lexus GS.

^ my friend did that on his 93(?) civic auto and it made a difference on the hard shifting

JDM-CF9

Reaction score
Did a h23a swap and experienced the same problem. It so happened that the solenoid
was damaged while installing I guess. Changed it and all jerking and rough shifts stopped

DVC01070.JPG

Back