grinding rear pads/rotors

HondaHusband

Reaction score
Hi all! My first post to the forum after some lurking. A few months ago I replaced the pads and rotors on all four corners of my wife's (now my daily driver) 02 V6 coupe. I noticed that the outer surfaces of the rear rotors had some light scoring and could hear what sounded like the pads rubbing on the rotor intermittently. The pads themselves were squealing a bit, as well.

Finally had a moment to investigate today. I put some stop squeal lube on the back of the pads and took a closer look at the rotors, etc. The inner surfaces of the rotors are wearing smooth and uniformly. The pads themselves seem to be wearing evenly. Lubed everything up and reassembled. There seems to be a high spot on both rear rotors causing the outer pads to rub at one point with each rotation. The fronts don't have any issues.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on what might be causing this. I'm thinking the rotors need to be turned but wondering if it could also be sticking calipers? The rotors were the gold duralast set from autozone... I was careful to bed the new pads properly. Any thoughts/advice from experienced folks here greatly appreciated! Thanks!

HH

Back