Horrid suspension issues (I think)

Souryu

Reaction score
Hello again 6GA forum,

I'm having a serious problem with my suspension as of late, in the front and back. I've noticed that when I press on the brake or release and then accelerate, I can feel/hear a clunk in my car, like something's loose or there's space in between something that shouldn't be there.

Also, when I go over bumps that aren't even on both wheels, my car clunks quite a bit on all 4 wheels.

Background: I replaced my front and rear mount/strut/sprint(coil) assemblies with KYBs and they gave my car a great ride for awhile but ever since I got an alignment a couple months ago after I replaced the assemblies it has felt like something has been loose and after the winter was done and over with, it's only gotten worse.

Any thoughts, because it's really bad now and my close friend doesn't seem to have the time to help me whatsoever (he's a recently licensed mechanic). So it's pissing me off and also bothering me a lot.

james'99

Reaction score
I'd start by jacking up each wheel and trying to shake them back and forth and try to listen for noises while paying special attention to suspension bushings and ball joints. I think that's gonna be your best bet for starters.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^+1. Check your sway bar bushings/end links as well. Any vibration while driving at any speed?

Back