'99 V6, High Idle, New non OEM IACV, same problem.....other brands?

MotoCARR

Reaction score
1999 Accord V6 Coupe. *Started with a high idle, about 1000 RPM when in gear and 1200-1500 *in Park or Neutral. *Took the original Denso off and the little flap door was stuck open. *Cleaned it real well and reinstalled and then the car was idle hunting and bouncing between 1000-1500 PRM in park, time for a new sensor. *Picked up an "Intermotor" brand which is made by BWD, and basically looks like other "China" parts I have bought online. *Installed it and the idle hunting went away, but high idle still remains. *Took it back and exchanged for it for another one in a "CarQuest" box, same issue.(I think it is still a BWD part.)

Plug is getting power at pin #2 and there is continuity between it and #3 as the manual states to check. *With the new valve installed if I put a piece of cardboard over the IAC inlet hole in the throttle body, idle drops back down to normal where it should be ~6-700 RPM so I know the sensor is the culprit and there are no other VAC leaks.

Anyone have experience with other brands? *Is an OEM Denso the only way to go?(At $175 online!)

Not my throttle body, but for reference
80-98_02_honda_accord_v6_tb_6181d175a3e90b983958b0498109698bf2df67fc.jpg

Tried two of these valves, same issue as the one that is stock and stuck wide open.
80-18481666_bwd_31072_pri_larg_4f4c52c5e006ee59653cbc8fc8bb9b1f157124eb.jpg

Car feels like it wants to take off with the foot on the brake lol!

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I am going to lean more towards the idle adjustment. But try the possible fixes below first, then try the idle adjustment. Eric the car guy can help you. He is awesome. Try the link below.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunen.../41476-solving-honda-idle-issues-hunting-idle

I will recommend Denso brand if you truly need a new IACV. I usually go OEM on most components. Denso makes top notch parts, that is why they are so damn expensive, and probably HONDAs greedy a$$ too.

djrolla

Reaction score
Wow. Literally the exact same thing is happening to me. I cleaned it (IACV) first which only made the idle worse! Rpms jumping up and down like a yo-yo. I took it off and bought a brand new one from NAPA and the problem was gone. Now after 1 month of no problems with surging or low idle the car is wanting to bog down at stop lights again. Its like her heart quits beating for a second or two and then it's back to normal. I don't know if it is the IACV again or something electrical like the alternator that isn't giving the IACV the proper voltage?? Any ideas or updates on your car? Thanks.

Back