Few 9thgen pictures

JV6

Reaction score
3 of my friends with 9thgen V6 Touring and I went across the border on sunday to cruise down to Seattle to meet with some other accords. Here's few quickies I took of winter mode season

Them quad led projectors
27x42m8.jpg

2a85mk1.jpg

forever alone lol
9ruh52.jpg

w70cpj.jpg

Last edited:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
The quad led projectors do look sweet. If I hadn't invested as much into my 6th gen, I would seriously consider picking up a 2013 HFP 6MT coupe. Maybe I'll just get some custom body work to fit those headlights ???

NotNice

Reaction score
The quad led projectors do look sweet. If I hadn't invested as much into my 6th gen, I would seriously consider picking up a 2013 HFP 6MT coupe. Maybe I'll just get some custom body work to fit those headlights ???

ive been looking at the acura with 4 projectors thinking to retrofit them into 6thgen housings. would be badd *** but expensive lights.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
3 of my friends with 9thgen V6 and I went across the border on sunday to cruise down to Seattle to meet with some other accords. Here's few quickies I took of winter mode season
Man, I didn't know you were down here! The NWA is looking hawt! Is that Hao's 7gen I see? Nice to see you fine gents w/ fine Accords!

ive been looking at the acura with 4 projectors thinking to retrofit them into 6thgen housings. would be badd *** but expensive lights.
Agreed. It might be MPITA for you to fit them and work it as low AND high beam, since our housings are relatively smaller than RLX's imo..

If not, the 9th gen style is looking certainly tempting too (for me), but I find it a little bit hard to tell if they're projectors from a distance. On the other hand, James's single projectors look very obvious enough to tell its existence.
9ruh52.jpg

I'm pretty sure these new projectors are Honda / Acura exclusive, since I didn't see any other makers have these on their cars at the '13 - '14 USDM international motor show (all current cars available in U.S.) but correct me if I'm wrong. Acura calls the RLX's headlights as "Jewel Eye™ LED headlights" w/ the trademark btw.

I'm also trying to get some ideas for upgrading my stock headlights, but IDK... I might end up w/ the ordinary single projectors, but those new projectors do look innovative & tempting...

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
9th gen are definitely an improvement to the previous gen I just wish the coupé front-end was similar to the sedan's. Hopefully for the 9.5 gen coupé they consider the change just like they did for the 6th gen coupés.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^THIS! I don't think I realized how much better the sedan front looks until seeing them side-by-side in this thread. Sedan front is much mo betta.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^THIS! I don't think I realized how much better the sedan front looks until seeing them side-by-side in this thread. Sedan front is much mo betta.

Agreed.

Has been this way since the (01-02) 6th Gen.

At least SOME (good) things remain consistent with Honda.

:everything:

Looks like a good turnout, the Sports version of the sedan is really well done. Although when I see one around here, my first thought is Hyundai, with the way the tail lights look.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
tell me more about retrofitting those LED projectors :boink: i was under the impression the insides of the 9th gen lights are almost identical to the 8th, but theres definitely not enough space in the 8th :thinking:

the 9th gen is the best looking accord (coupe and sedan) they've ever made. i'll hold on to the 11 for another 3-4 years and--if this car doesn't suck the VCM parts into the engine out of warranty--a lightly used 14 will be in my sights.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are some things that would have been nice to see carried over from the older Accords, but overall, the 9th Gen's are a good looking car.

IIRC, there are some performance upgrades that would make for a bit more of an enjoyable ride as well, which makes them that much more appealling.

Back