Turbo coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muyo

Reaction score
i'm jelous, cant wait to see some #s

angelplus

Reaction score
good stuff man, good luck installing it, you're going to need it. ALSO be patient. this is a very delicate process so double check everything.

saw the picks, looks good, so good luck man let us know step by step.

or even better, make a turtorial lol

cdubb77

Reaction score
I was just scrollin' through your page and found this.
675484_47_full.jpg

OUCH!

acrod99

Reaction score
hahahaha! yeah, last winter was fun for me! yeah, i'm gonna be drifting my little nissan pickup this winter. RWD and already dented! haha

acrod99

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
hahaha "already dented"........that just means COULDNT GET WORSE!!!!! hahaha.
EXACTLY! :)

Just to update, i'm starting on the install after work tonight! I'll keep y'all posted...

phat2k2accord

Reaction score
ive heard good things about the FMax kit, and alot of ppl run it, thats will ill be gettin in spring with some pistons, iam stil researchin a h22a head on my f23a1 block then doin stage 2 cams ans about 16psi , but iam not sure yet cause of the f block not being closed deck? oh well in time i guess. but congrats man that thing will make u very happy.. were did u get it and how much?

angelplus

Reaction score
phat2k2accord said:
ive heard good things about the FMax kit, and alot of ppl run it, thats will ill be gettin in spring with some pistons, iam stil researchin a h22a head on my f23a1 block then doin stage 2 cams ans about 16psi , but iam not sure yet cause of the f block not being closed deck? oh well in time i guess. but congrats man that thing will make u very happy.. were did u get it and how much?

first off, the f23a1 block has 1 cam, and that won't allow you to boost 16lbs.
Also, you will need ported heads, forged pistons, rods, all the goodies. then maybe you can run 15psi. MAYBE. But not to burst your bubble, but at 8 psi you'r only gunna get 210whp at the most becuase our engines are wimpy, so it'll take more money to get to the big 300whp club ;) man i dream of those days. Next, you'll be needing a transmission cooler, and sooner or later, after running that much boost, you will end up without an automatic transmission. Yes your tranny will die at those high boost levels. Even if you boost your car to 8psi you're still putting a lot of stress on the tranny so it'll sooner or later die... correct me if im wrong on that.

so if ya have the money, get an ems and all the goodies and you'll have a sweet turboed accord at 15psi. If not, your turboed accord will still be cool lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off, unless you have some major coinage phat2k2accord, I wouldn't even attempt the H22 head on F23 block. Yes it'll lower your compression, but is it really worth all that work for 1 extra cam?

It doesn't matter if you have 1 cam or 4, you can boost 16lbs if you want. You don't need to port the head unless you really want to, but you will need forged pistons and rods if you want to make serious power and have it last. We've still yet to see an auto tranny die while under boost, apparantly they handle it just fine. You're actually puting more stress on the engine itself than the tranny.

The amount of boost you can safely run depends on how good the tuning is to get you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back