Greddy Oil Catch Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee

Reaction score
Arrived in the mail but still need to find time to install it.

465875_111.jpg

465875_112.jpg

465875_113.jpg

klee

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Looks good, whats it for? :confused:

In short the oil catch can traps blow by gases that contain small amounts of oil in your intake and at the top of the head on your motor. During normal driving this is not much of a concern. In racing, gas/oil pressure is pretty high. This means oil that isn't captured will damage your motor. Several auto crossers have similar catch cans since we all race damn near red line. Typically by the end of the race day the can is 75% full of oil!! A little scary if you ask me. It's a precaution mod. You will not see any performance gains from this.

acrod99

Reaction score
haha-i just found out i NEED one, and ordered it! we took my car on the highway, hittin 120+ and when we were done, oil was PISSING outta the valve cover! we had the filter connected to the valve cover with a tube like we were supposed to, and with the oil pissing, it went through the filter/turbo/intercooler/engine for like an hour before we realized! we unplugged that tube, and a thick mist of oil shoost out when running, it's nuts! we popped on a little filter from autozone, and it was done in a few minutes! i've figured out a catch can is my only fix, so i just ordered one. let me know how yours goes, and where you put it, maybe do a tech install? thanks man, good luck with it!

klee

Reaction score
HAHHAHAHAHHAA LOL. I figure with turbo you are going to need one bad due to the pressure. Yup, that's all you have to do. Install that catch can between the intake and the valve cover and re-pipe everything. Don't forget to baffle your catch can with some coarse steel wool (unless yours is already baffled) or the pressure will suck that oil back into the intake. The guys here that race with Accords use the spare bolt hole on the front of the engine block next to the A/C compressor (on the i4 and not the v6 block). Yeah, I can take some photos/instructions and combine it with yours if you want.

acrod99

Reaction score
Sounds great, man. Thanks for makin me feel dumb! Haha j/k. But really, i had no idea i would need one. You live and you learn, i guess.

acrod99

Reaction score
Hey, getting my can probobly tomorrow. Any updates on your install, man? I plan to do mine this weekend...Yay! Haha

klee

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
Hey, getting my can probobly tomorrow. Any updates on your install, man? I plan to do mine this weekend...Yay! Haha

I finished mine on Sunday. I have all the pics and a few notes I wrote down. I still need to spend some time posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back