Dual Axleback for 4 cyl bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnick

Reaction score
bought my accord 5spd with the dual axleback and rims already on it. does the axleback help my power or hurt it? backpressure? ive heard different things. thanks

Sonnick

Reaction score
i bought it like that...sounds NOTHING like a ricer, little louder if any than stock. drones only a tiny bit regular driving around 1800rpm, once above 2k its stock unless WOT. yea i would rather have single, but if i cut the left side off, it will sound different, not sure if ima do that yet. any power loss from dual on 4cyl?

theaccordian

Reaction score
IMO I think it will restrict your flow. Thats why you dont see many fourbangers running dual tip setups, only v6 and v8. The reason I see it losing power is

theres more bends because of the shape of a dual tip exhaust the exhaust flow has to go through another bend rather than straight through and also since its

an axle back the piping diameter is uneven so it goes from the stock diamter piping to your axleback, this also disrupts airflow. If I were you id ditch that

setup and get a single exhaust setup like apexi ws, greddy evo2, hayame, or magnaflow.

justvtec

Reaction score
Ya thats is what iam going to do when INCOME comes in (GREDDY EVO2) here i come a does anybody have one right now i want to know how it sound from (1-10)

justvtec

Reaction score
So let me get this straight a single exhaust is better than a dual (being that it is on a 4 banger)

Sonnick

Reaction score
i might just end up cutting the left pipe off...and getting a "full" exhaust from the header back, instead of just an axleback...should get some power that way

Sonnick

Reaction score
justvtec said:
So let me get this straight a single exhaust is better than a dual (being that it is on a 4 banger)

i think so yea...it might restrict even more than stock :confused: not sure

acrod99

Reaction score
I say save up and get a cat-back exhaust that has been tuned and designed for our cars. That's the best way to make some power. Axle-backs and weld-on mufflers won't really give you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back