Roof antenna removal

F23accordowner

Reaction score
I know this may not seem like something urgent but I have a car show to go to tomorrow. I am vinyl wrapping the roof and need to remove the antenna. Does anyone have experience with this. Will be tackling this tonight after work, and don't have any time for trial and error. Thanks for the help, hope to be able to do this tonight.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
The factory roof antenna for a 2dr. It's in the middle of the roof by the glass on back. Is it possible that this antenna is a an aftermarket one, and I have heard that the factory radio goes through the defroster?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Do you mean you are wrapping the headliner? Wrapping the roof would not involve removing the antenna.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That is not a factory antenna, it should be on the inside of the car at the top of the rear windshield near the headliner.

Not sure how that would come off. In your case I would stand the antenna straight up vertically if it can, then poke a hole in the wrap and bring it down and see where everything lines up, then apply the wrap and trim as necessary. Or you can experiment with removing the antenna altogether.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
I believe I will try and remove the antenna alltogether, when I had the headliner down I could not see a bolt or anything under the roof and didn't think too much of it till now. I am going to try not to have to wrap around it. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No prob, good luck. Maybe it's just a cover you have to pry off with some screws underneath. Though there must be something on the inside for the wires to run to the radio.

Accord281

Reaction score
Something tells me that is just double-sided taped on. I bet it will pop right off.

If it is, leave it off :)

Back