May/June ROTM Winner "DarkSideAccord"

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Finalimage.jpg

Would like everybody to say Congrats to DarkSideAccord aka Roy for his achievement as our 2007 May/June "Best Sedan" winner...He ran up against some tough competition but swept the voting.

Questions:

1. Is this your first car?
Technically, the accord is the first car I have ever owned. I drove whatever my family had back home, which includes the 4th gen accord, Toyota corolla, Toyota Camry and Mitsubishi Turbo Diesel Pajero (aka Montero in USDM).

2. How did you end up with the accord?
It was bought for me when I went to Purdue University. My brother, who was already there, had an Acura Legend which was supposed to be given to me. However, mechanical problems arose, and he decided to trade it in for a new car. After talks with my father and me, we decided to buy the accord as accords have had a long history in my family. We owned a 3rd gen and 4th gen and loved every mile driven in them.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?
Truthfully, I wasn’t really into cars back in the days. My days in high school gave me a bad impression of “tuners” as all the “modified” cars back in my hometown looked like **** and were driven by gangsters.

It was in college that I started to get into cars. My brother modified his Mercedes Benz E320 and most of his friends were modding their M3s. A little different, but I eventually got the mechanical understanding of a car. I wanted my car to stand out a little, and so the journey began. :rock:

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?
Many painful and long hours were spent modifying the accord. There were only a handful of available modifications to me back in the days because of my college student budget. In addition, not many people modified the 6th gen accord, mainly the sedans, so it was difficult to get technical advice and aftermarket parts for the car.

Exterior wise, I would say that I did not run in any major problem. Most was done by myself, but the motor modifications were a problem. With this, I am referring to the now notorious G23 swap :rofl:

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?
There were only a handful of 6th gen accord tuners back in the days. Some are still around, but many had left for faster and better platforms. I believed that the accord is a beautiful and sexy car that deserves some recognition, and that has become a reality I nrecent years with some accords pushing the limits in terms of performance and/ or show. This goes to show that with the right resources and idea, one can turn a regular grocery getter into a fast and sexy grocery getter :thumbsup:

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?
I might boost the G23 setup down the road IF my desires for more power were to kick in again. Other than that, a nice set of BBK or a NSX/ Legend caliper and rotor swap might go well with my rims.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?
As many of you know, my mistress is the celica. It’s a 92 celica GT auto that was bought for my daily commute. Well, knowing the enthusiasts I had become, it was only a matter of time before I started tinkering with it. I am happy to announce that the celica had also won ROTM. :peace:

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?
To date, I believe my Volk Racing rims are my best investments as they have made the biggest impact on my car. It completely changed the looks of my car, and I get more respect for some reason . :p

My favorite mod to date are my sidemarkers. Why? Because no one has done them exactly the way I did them. :D

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?
I would like to thank the members of various accord forums, namely E-H and 6thgenaccord. You guys have inspired me to do the craziest things and helped me through many issues, personal as well as car ones. You guys are family and I hope that we will continue to grow as a family while deepening our love for our accords (or other cars for those who had moved on ;) )

PS: you traitors are still family. You know who you are! :beer:

DSC02353a.jpg

DSC02360a.jpg

P1100047a.jpg

DSC01830a.jpg

P1150063a.jpg

PA080066a.jpg

P3170117.jpg

P3170123.jpg

Mod List:
Exterior & Lighting
-Xenon lip kit
-Custom painted M3 sidemarkers
-Red/clear taillights
-TYC (black) projector headlights
-Phillips PureVision 6000K HID kit
-Nokya 3000K H1 bulbs
-GTP CF Hood
-35% tint all around

Performance (current)
-Apex'i WS2 muffler with Greddy SP piping
-AEM CAI
-DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic header
-NGK Platinum spark plugs
-AEM Tru-power Pulley kit
-B&M short shifter adapter

Performance (in near future)
-Apex'i WS2 muffler with Greddy SP piping
-AEM CAI
-H23 DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic header
-NGK Platinum spark plugs
-AEM Tru-power Pulley kit
-B&M short shifter adapter
-built H23 head & pNp H23 intake manifold
-stage 1 crower cams
-Apex'i SAFC 2

Wheels & Suspension
-18" Volk Racing GT-7 in royal gunmetal with CF Volk Racing centercaps
-225/40/18 Hankook Ventus
-Tokico HP gas shocks
-Eibach Sportline springs
-Neuspeed upper strut bar
-Brembo Blanks rotors
-Axxis MetalMaster brake pads
-Glossy black painted calipers
-Ray's Engineering black lug nuts

Interior & Sound
-Alpine CDA-9847 Headunit
-Infinity Basslink Amplified Subwoofer
-Flush-mounted Pioneer tweeters
-Momo phantom shift-knob
-Indiglo gauges
-Full wood dash trim
-Razo pedal set

Last edited by a moderator:

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
no thanks to inspired1 of v6p? I'm hurt roy. Hahaha.

Congrats, as a thank you, I believe you're giving me your Works Wheels? :D

Back