Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Edit: Solution is on Page 9 or post #84
that's if someone will have same problem...

Anyone care to guess where are those screws from?

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

Response from Manufacturer:

According to AMR, the bolts are stainless steel and not aluminum

I'm not sure exactly what the problem here is. Your asking me to replace something via text? Why on earth would you not pick up the phone and ask me directly and talk with me about the situation? The situation is simple. You broke the 2 bolts, I have no problem replacing them, but I ask you to pay for shipping. I told you it was probably cheaper to find them locally which they are cause I don't use anything exotic. Most people can go to the hardware store and find 2 allen head bolts.

So here are the facts, out of the many years I have been doing this I have replaced a total of 5 bolts which now makes a total of 7. That is pretty damn good considering the amount of those same bolts we run through. Actually now that I think about it 1 person on here misplaced 1 so that will be a total of 8, but I believe he is just going to his local hardware store. What is the exact big deal here? Do you know the exact number of failures of this bolt? Have you seen any other customers post about this on any other forum for that matter? NO!! So stop your ASSUMPTIONS. It is unfortunate that this customer broke 2 of them, but that is kinda odd from where I am standing considering the how rare these break. So while you guys are freaking out, I'm pretty calm since I've replaced less than 10 of these in 5 years.

I understand your concern, but I've never had a issue with those perches, and this is how many manufacturers do it. I told you the bolts could be had locally for cheap. I have no problem shipping anyone bolts, but let us be realistc here. You really wanna wait for snail mail to come by with a replacement bolt. If safety is such a issue and you want to get your car running then running to the hardware store should not be a big deal. There is so many ways to look at this. I appreciate your contacting us, and as I said I have no problem sending you a bolt, but when I spoke to you..you sounded like you needed it in a hurry...like today hurry lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbo_911

Reaction score
i bet it's the same company getting a ton of heat lately for their business practices...

Bingo!!!

Decided today to pre-load springs some more because I was getting those weird sounds from suspension and as I was taking those screws with my allen key, and I made about 5 turns and it snapped. I was like hmmm.... no gooo. Then decided to pre-load second rear coil and on that one did 4 turns and it snapped. NOW I was really really pissed.

How am I suppose to get out the part that's stuck in the locking nut?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
aha, i was going to ask where the other half of the screws were...

is there a way to get an EZ-Out in?

ahh beat by a couple seconds :lawl:

finch13

Reaction score
The funny part is that the coils are BRAND ****ING NEW. Either they installed the screws sideways or... well, that's about the only excuse I can think of.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol, man that sucks. I have a feeling this thread will get interesting. I wonder what the defenses / excuses will be this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back