Caliper paint color

MNAccord98

Reaction score
well i had my calipers red till this spring, there was bad chipping and flaking even tho i cleaned the caliper off really well(freezing cold+ water cracks the paint).

it was so easy to clean the dupli color paint kit off that it makes me think i should get a different kit, i just chipped it all off with a flat screw driver.

think i should go red again? or get a black kit, also i was going to order the g2 kit or should i just get dupli color kit but I am sure i will have to redo it next spring.

I am going to sleep on this and see what you guys come up with for ideas. i think red looked rice now when i look back at it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Read through this:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31605&highlight=painting+calipers

When I did mine, I just used an aggressive wire brush, brakleen, and scouring pads. I used high temp engine block enamel, sprayed on 3 coats, and they still look good 20k miles later. Also painted them in 70 degree weather I think, and just masked off the rotor, etc while the calipers were on the car.

DSC02216.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

EDIT: I used VHT High Temp Engine Enamel - Gold. Just applied it today @ 123k miles. Applied two light coats and one heavier coat within an hour.

MNAccord98

Reaction score
yea i was planing on getting a wire brush drill bit. did you worry about over spray? any opinion on a color?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Wire brush drill attachment would work nicely, though some areas may be hard to get to. I brushed mine by hand. I was going to take the caliper off the rotor and hang it in the wheel well, but one of the bolts was being stubborn, so I just masked off everything around it including the quarter panel. Paint gets everywhere, especially tiny particles blown around in the air, so be sure to do a thorough masking job if you don’t take them off the car.

As for color, it’s whatever you want. Only one I wouldn’t recommend is white because it shows dirt/dust easier and from what I’ve heard yellows over time due to the heat.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@OP, You have a black car, so your options are pretty much limitless.

If bright colours are your thing, there are plenty to choose from.

If you like more subtle colours, then you have some choice there as well.

Comes down to the quality of paint, IMO, so I would also suggest engine enamel paint.

@Chris, nice sandals, buddy!

:usa:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Keeps the dirt out of the toes....."cleanliness is next to Godliness".

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
True. Perhaps this stereotype doesn’t exist in your country, but here, dudes wearing socks with sandles is widely known as a form of deuchebaggery. That was the point I was making.

OT.

:lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It doesn't fly here, either.

OP, there is high heat caliper paint you could use as well, just not sure the colour options are as varied as engine enamel paint.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I used engine enamel just because calipers don’t get as hot as an engine in this case, so I knew I’d be covered. But either will work.

Back