(2000 honda accord se 4 dr h22a swap)

boobusarubus

Reaction score
hey guys big noob here im thinking about getting the h22a w/ LSD 5 speed trans swap in a 2000 honda accord 4dr se (auto) . Im looking into having http://www.jeimportperformance.com/ (in Maryland)do the work. I'm going to also have them switch it over to manual. Is there anything i should be careful about? Have you heard anything bad about this shop?¿? I know there is alot of info about h22 swaps on this and many other forums but i haven't found anything about the 00 accord se's (4drs). Since im new im asking these questions because i dont want to have a shop do this if its not worth it. JE said it would be aroud 6 k with the motor swap and to switch it to manual w/ labor /wiring. ANY INPUT would be nice as long as its not someone trying to be a dick once again i am new! idk if this helps but i just want this car to be a fun daily driver that i can take to the drag strip (since my pregnant gf is making me sell my 06 gsxr 600) its gonna be a total sleeper cuz i have the gay halo headlights and riced out led tail lights from when i was 18 now 23 im currently swaping the stock tail lights back in and looking forward to the retro fit headlights w/ hids.. well thats about it:beer::rice:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
its a decent price. especially if they get you a real jdm lsd tranny for the swap. i would see about trying to get them to do a wire tuck too for that price.. thats if you want that look. did they say this would include a tune too? if so then thats a solid deal.

but as far as the swap goes.. its pretty much a direct swap; 4dr or 2dr. i would just get the innovative mount kit so you dont have to deal with having them make you custom mounts . and have them to convert it to obd1 with a p28 ecu.

lwlba

Reaction score
should do all the water pump/timing belts/seals and all that shenanigans while ur at it. clutch too. dont forget to make sure the engine is legit/not stolen. would also be nice to be there to personally inspect the engine.

Can't speak about price, as it varies depending on where you live. I got mine done for 5k including all labors/maintenance. basically pretty much the exact swap as urs minus the LSD.

boobusarubus

Reaction score
How would I be able to make sure the engines legit? Yeah I think the normal price is around 5k for the swap but its extra since I'm converting it to manual so I need those extra parts plus the labor on that . Ill ask about the wire tuck and the tune. Whats the purpose for the obd1 and p28 ecu conversion. If I get them to do this will I run into any problems when I go to get my emissions done?

Back