jaz

Reaction score
Re: j35 swap

Eh....average price. The J32 cost me ~$450 with 60k, just to give you some perspective.

Ask a LOT of questions...you don't know how long that motor has been sitting...it could be seized up for all you know.

And I agree, focus on one thing at a time....you're well on your way to being the next claybird.
thanks man, and yeah i said assuming it runs good.. i havent seen it yet. and i dont like to focus on one thing at a time. ive only had my car a few months and ive done an s-load.
the tranny is put off for a little because i cant find any1 to do it atm, it's not something i can do by myself. as far as the motor i'm not sure if i should just go ahead and start that because that was the best price i found for that engine and i havent even made an offer and i could do it myself with some friends.

SeanXtec's answer was very helpful imo. I wonder why you think people will help you when you are just an a$$ to them? I guess your rep speaks for itself, huh?
Yes it was helpful, the majority before it wasn't though, they were all just flames bacially saying i'm a ****ing idiot. Sometimes this site is more drama related where certian members come in boredom rather then help.. like wtf i didn't ask for life advice, i asked if it was a good deal

Last edited:

SeanXtec

Reaction score

is that a good price assuming it runs good

Fairly positive that the point of your thread was asking for opinions and advice, or else you wouldn't have started it in the first place.

I gave you a fairly good perspective on engine price, and what to look for when buying used. I was trying to help you from getting screwed over, and you basically just threw it back in my face.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

thanks man, and yeah i said assuming it runs good.. i havent seen it yet. and i dont like to focus on one thing at a time. ive only had my car a few months and ive done an s-load.
the tranny is put off for a little because i cant find any1 to do it atm, it's not something i can do by myself. as far as the motor i'm not sure if i should just go ahead and start that because that was the best price i found for that engine and i havent even made an offer and i could do it myself with some friends.

Yes it was helpful, the majority before it wasn't though, they were all just flames bacially saying i'm a ****ing idiot. Sometimes this site is more drama related where certian members come in boredom rather then help.. like wtf i didn't ask for life advice, i asked if it was a good deal
the point is...why bother taking the time to swap a 6spd in and attach it to the j30...then have to mess with it further to put a j35 in (like...routing the harnesses is easier with the engine bay empty)? or conversely...why not have done them at the same time to begin with?
Fairly positive that the point of your thread was asking for opinions and advice, or else you wouldn't have started it in the first place.

I gave you a fairly good perspective on engine price, and what to look for when buying used. I was trying to help you from getting screwed over, and you basically just threw it back in my face.
yep...i dont think we're bringing the "drama" at all...

DrOwZee

Reaction score

Don't get over yourself. it isn't good to overwhelm yourself with so many projects at a time. like David said, one after the other.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

the point is...why bother taking the time to swap a 6spd in and attach it to the j30...then have to mess with it further to put a j35 in (like...routing the harnesses is easier with the engine bay empty)? or conversely...why not have done them at the same time to begin with?

Me thinks he thinks this is a direct plug and play swap........like a B Series.......

finch13

Reaction score

Me thinks he thinks this is a direct plug and play swap........like a B Series.......

Me thinks you thinks correctly.

Me also thinks $600 for teh motor is a little low

Me also thinks why not go 6spd/awd using a GM L66 engine? :lawl:

Me thinks the last statement was not to be taken seriously

jaz

Reaction score

i didnt mean to throw anything back in your face man, i do appreciate your help, i'm just tired of how some of the senior members treat people who are just in search of help. and yeah i figure it would be better to do an engine swap anyways before the tranny swap, correct me if i'm wrong.

finch13

Reaction score

I would think tranny before engine. I don't know if the J35 ECU will control the J30 auto correctly or not...

Seems like you would eliminate a lot of headaches swapping in a manual and then swapping in the J35. Or just do both at once. Probably save some labor doing that, since it sounds like you're not doing any of it yourself.

juicebox00

Reaction score

honestly, i say if you think you'll want to do a motor swap as well as a tranny swap do them both at once. But build up the motor first, don't just rush into things.

Back