Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Re: j35 swap

Do yourself a favor...

Do a 6spd swap and a J3X swap at the same time. The amount of time it takes you to drop the K-Frame, you might as well save 500 dollars in labor and do both of them at the same time.

ECU - When you upgrade to a J35 swap, you will need a J35 Ecu or a CLS 6spd Ecu. The J35 ecu is cheaper, so you should go for that. But you will need Richie's harness . The other option is to turn your car into a J32 and bore/stroke it to a J36, and you will nto need a harness but you will need all other cls parts, like ecu tranny etc...

This swap is VERY doable, and a couple of people has already done it. 3.56thgen (nate) on v6p has already finished his about 1 year ago. He pulled mid 13s N/a and untuned and not knowing how to drive correctly. I sat in his car a couple of times... wow... the torque is UNBELIEVABLE! I'm so over the high revving H22s and all other high revving honda motors after this...

GL to you, and find a good mechanic to do your swap. Keep in mind, there is much more to it than just swapping a stock J35 into your car. You need to rebuild the engine!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

good advice right there ^

i agree with you...besides the extra weight over the front end...i LOVE the j series engines. my next ride will have a j32/35 :rock:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

LOL You guys are cracking me up. If I were you Jaz, just drop everything you plan on doing and finish your 6 speed swap. Drive your engine to **** and then swap in a new j32 or j35. The 6 speed swap is not an easy mod. GL

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

good advice right there ^

i agree with you...besides the extra weight over the front end...i LOVE the j series engines. my next ride will have a j32/35 :rock:

a properly built J will be lighter than a J30... FYI....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

the car will be coming with one of those engines installed already :naughty:

while we're on the subject...whats the weight of the j30 vs 32 vs 35 vs f23? i thinkkkkkk ive seen them measured but have no idea where to find the numbers :thinking:

MoneyPit

Reaction score

Do yourself a favor...

Do a 6spd swap and a J3X swap at the same time. The amount of time it takes you to drop the K-Frame, you might as well save 500 dollars in labor and do both of them at the same time.

it only takes ~1 hour to drop the k-frame/motor. if you've got the funds to do a full engine/trans swap at one time, go for it. if not, i'm a firm believer in doing mods progressively while saving up...

ECU - When you upgrade to a J35 swap, you will need a J35 Ecu or a CLS 6spd Ecu. The J35 ecu is cheaper, so you should go for that. But you will need Richie's harness . The other option is to turn your car into a J32 and bore/stroke it to a J36, and you will nto need a harness but you will need all other cls parts, like ecu tranny etc...

the j35 ecu/Richies harness is going to be double/triple the cost of a cls 6mt ecu/engine harness. it doesn't really matter what engine you end up with, but the CLS 6mt ecu/matching engine harness will be your cheapest/most reliable/most plug-and-play setup. even if you swap a j35 out of an oddy, all you have to do is re-pin a few of the ecu connectors for the cls engine harness and you're done. p.s., boring these motors is a recipe for disaster, spec tolerances are close to maxxed as it is.

a properly built J will be lighter than a J30... FYI....

not sure where you got this info, but the only real weight loss this setup will see is by losing the AT in favor of the MT. otherwise, any weight differences between the two motors are negligible

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

the car will be coming with one of those engines installed already :naughty:

while we're on the subject...whats the weight of the j30 vs 32 vs 35 vs f23? i thinkkkkkk ive seen them measured but have no idea where to find the numbers :thinking:

If I remember correctly the weight of the F and the J are pretty close. I don't remember the numbers either though......

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

sounds right to me...

i do wonder how much weight 2 more of everything (lol) adds. i mean...not counting transmissions...

dtraill27

Reaction score

why didnt you just get a different car if you were going to spend all of this money on it?

Back