changaroo

Reaction score
Re: j35 swap

hrmm...i'm my own builder, so dropping the k-frame in 1 hour is...how do you say...first hand knowledge, not um...second, or...heard from what my builder said. i've done it 3 times...:rolleyes:

i guess we all have different comforts in pushing an unsleeved block to its limits...those of us who build a motor with reliability/long life in mind know that boring a j-series AND boosting 15psi is a recipe for early retirement...but like i said, we all have different comforts...

oh btw, my build CAME along nicely, and i know the builder...it's me, and i built a boosted j36 in a 6ga. i think it's the first one? :p

read up on my car/build/profile before you start throwing around comments like "get educated..." especially when someone else has their hands in your engine bay while you have your hands on your keyboard...

x2, i dropped my k-frame for the first time with hand tools around an hour or so.

why someone is arguing about another .2 hrs, completely blows my mind.

from being on various forums, i have encountered three main types of people. heres a break down...

1. people that talk about doing this and that but never follow through, aka people that like to hear themselves talk

2. people that talk like they are gods gift to hondas / cars because they know how to read posts on the internet, yet have not turned a single nut / bolt under their hood because they just send their cars off to get it built somewhere. nothing really wrong with this, because i understand not everyone has the resources to do everything themselves, but to come online and talk like you've done the work yourself is just rediculous. aka your typical e-knowledge/ego thug. :bash:

trust me... theres a big difference between reading and actually doing the work

3. people that talk and walk :p do the work, and dont go posting everywhere about whats been done. aka the true interwebs ninjars.

lets face it, theres a bunch of retards running around here... but at the end of the day, we all share a common interest, cars. so as long as the threads arent too retarded, lets work with each other and have fun :)

Last edited:

jaz

Reaction score

you missed one.. 4) super zombie ninjas whos elite weapon is hammer and drops big blocks in accords... :squintwave:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

you missed one.. 4) super zombie ninjas whos elite weapon is hammer and drops big blocks in accords... :squintwave:

uhhhhh wut?

3. people that talk and walk :p do the work, and dont go posting everywhere about whats been done. aka the true interwebs ninjars.

I agree with you 100%. There is a huge difference between having deep pockets, dropping your car off at a shop, throwing money at them telling them to make it happen and doing the research, and doing it yourself.

I swear to God, I have met some people who have had their cars built by someone else, and when you point to something in their engine bay and ask them what it is they say......"hmmm, I dunno" What the **** do you mean you don't know?! It's YOUR car!!!

Now, I don't claim to be some expert, but the people here that know me will tell you that I have no problem getting dirty and doing it myself. I will say I have a lot more respect for people that do it themselves, or at least make an effort to do it themselves, than people who toss money around.

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score

totally agreed with you guys on this. even though is something small like DIY blackhousing, you take more pride in your work/car cause you did the work yourself and not buying it.

swollen_cu

Reaction score

english-do-you-speak-it-demotivatio.jpg

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

think hes taking about moneypitt and changaroo?

No, moneypitt and Tek_Rice. Moneypitt has an awesome boosted j36 or j35? I forgot....anyways, I think this thread is on its way to being closed. :lawl:

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

wow this got out of hand real quick.

Although I may not be as knowledgeable as most people on here. I'm constantly learning and gaining knowledge first hand by getting into the mix of building, cleaning, measuring and doing whatever I can to do it...

My whole philosophy for tuning is the process and not the results. So whatever you implied about dropping a car off and having someone else do it is not my style nor my plan.

Good Job on the comebacks moneypit, i give you the win.

Perhaps I should get even more involved in my build, but then again I lack the time and the proper training to effectively complete it. So whatever i'm learning is from a reputable professional.

I guess what my intention is to try to pass the knowledge that i've learned for other people to try. If they don't like it, then so be it.

on a side note, you have a J36 build that's completed and boosted?? can you link me to the page so you can "educate" me even more?

Back