'01 Accord G23 build.. & 2-piston Caliper swap

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea there is more to the g23 swap than slapping the head on the block.. it cost just as much as as a h22, and maybe the same amount of work, just differently... instead of removing the motor, you are just taking the head off which imo is just the same difficulty as removing the motor

silverstrike

Reaction score
im actually in the midle of this swap myself...honestly a royal pain in the ***...too many things need to be moded to fit...not as easy as some people make it seem at all but it sure is cool and different... im almost there though so im happy...gl to you...have fun lol...

that's cool.. where are you in the actually process? and what's ur parts list?

and..
sry guyz for not being able to ome online for so long. there's no major update, but we did rip apart the block to check out the rod knock that was claimed by the previous owner. no luck yet.. haven't pinned down if there actually was a rod knock. i guess the oner was just hearing detonation and assumed it for rod knock, because there are signs of detonation and a pieceof the valve has chipped away. i'm not entirely positive on this.. but i'm guessing this is what's happening. I am looking to sell the block.. so if anyone wants then just let me know.

... The plan is on going Turbo and i'm looking for around 8-10 psi just to be safe until a couple thousand miles or so.. but initially i'm looking to go to up ~15 psi.. and i believe for that i'm going to need forged pistons, rings and rods.. any ideas on some good ones or do i have to get a custom one..?

also i'm wondering if the stock crank will handle the power and torque of this build.. because i'm hoping for around the 400whp range (hopefully higher).. but for starting off.. and so would the stock F23 crack be ideal for something like this?
I was also thinking about the kind of injectors i should get.. ideas?

thanks guys

silverstrike

Reaction score
Just do some searching around in engine build threads, G builds and F23 solid builds.

I'm doing that as we speak actually.. i want to get as much info as i can before i start buying parts like valves and springs.. i was thinking about Bisimoto springs/retainers.. buh i'm still shopping around.. i'll let you guyz know when i decide on which i'ma get

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that's cool.. where are you in the actually process? and what's ur parts list?

and..
sry guyz for not being able to ome online for so long. there's no major update, but we did rip apart the block to check out the rod knock that was claimed by the previous owner. no luck yet.. haven't pinned down if there actually was a rod knock. i guess the oner was just hearing detonation and assumed it for rod knock, because there are signs of detonation and a pieceof the valve has chipped away. i'm not entirely positive on this.. but i'm guessing this is what's happening. I am looking to sell the block.. so if anyone wants then just let me know.

... The plan is on going Turbo and i'm looking for around 8-10 psi just to be safe until a couple thousand miles or so.. but initially i'm looking to go to up ~15 psi.. and i believe for that i'm going to need forged pistons, rings and rods.. any ideas on some good ones or do i have to get a custom one..?

also i'm wondering if the stock crank will handle the power and torque of this build.. because i'm hoping for around the 400whp range (hopefully higher).. but for starting off.. and so would the stock F23 crack be ideal for something like this?
I was also thinking about the kind of injectors i should get.. ideas?

thanks guys

Crower rods, CP Pistons, Stock crank. You're not going to break the stock crank with 400hp.

silverstrike

Reaction score
Crower rods, CP Pistons, Stock crank. You're not going to break the stock crank with 400hp.

oh sweet.. thanks.. then i'ma just balance the crank out.
also for the CP Pistons i've seen that they don't make one specifically for the F23.. do i have to get it custom from them?
and another question.. would i need to upgrade the injectors too?

silverstrike

Reaction score
Due to some financial issues right now and me not having a job, I've decided to hold off the turbo build until later on next year.. so i'm not going to be doing as much as i wanted right now.. I've decided to go the N/A route until i get some cash to start getting things for the turbo build. so i'm planning to get new valves, resurface the head, with jdm h22 cams, f23 block stock.. might get that resurfaced too.. or hot tank cleaned.. and also get K20 pistons.. i'll keep on updating as i go so i'll notify you guys when i decide to do something different or if i hav done anything else..

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i read it somewhere but i dont think H22 after market cams flow well with the f23 pistons or even the k20... dont quote me on it, something to do with its timing or detonation but i dont remember where i read it

Search is ur best friend

also... the g23 NA didnt fair out to get the best results in terms of HP numbers... i remember 1 dude did it here and the dyno rated it at 155hp...

Last edited:

matt_glesn

Reaction score
thrown rod is bad real bad.. i had a prelude h23 threw a rod and had to replace the whole motor.. got a h22 swap and sold the car after a year. old motor is still sittin in my back yard

Back