I can't get rid off steering wheel lock option, Please help

johnnxiv

Reaction score
I know how to unlock a steering wheel lock, but it won't go away.

Let say now I go to my car and insert the key, it will get steering wheel locked. I wiggle the steering wheel + turn the key and it gets unlocked. Then, I turn off the engine and try to start the engine again, it gets locked again. I thought I will go away but, it has been a week.

How can I get rid of this problem?

Thank you,

Accordx

Reaction score
What year do you have? Next time try the little push down thing by the shifter to unlock it and that may fix it for a while. If you don't know what I'm talking about I can explain it better if you'd like.

johnnxiv

Reaction score
What year do you have? Next time try the little push down thing by the shifter to unlock it and that may fix it for a while. If you don't know what I'm talking about I can explain it better if you'd like.

I tried what you said but it still get steering wheel lock. Is it because the ignition cylinder hole is bad?

Accordx

Reaction score
It could be a few things, for me that usually fixes it. One of my buddies had a similar repeating issue on his 98 but the shiftlock release worked for him. Not really sure, you could pull it apart and look at the mechanism but I'm not an expert on it. I've heard that people take it to the service center if it keeps happening so idk.

Back