-=[ To chip ECU ]=-

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hey fellas, maybe there is a sticky on this but I haven't found it. I am considering chipping my ECU and am wondering how to do this and who sells legit chips for our 6th gen cars. Has anyone had experience with this type of project?

Thanks all! :)

thatonedude

Reaction score
ummm if i am not mistaken you will need to send it off to a shop and have it reflashed which would cost a few hundred and is really only useful if your goen boost or have a good n/a build but dont quot me on this.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
unless if u have done some serious motor work or go boost, there's no need to chip the ECU... some stay OBD2, some go for OBD1 (such as myself) for better tunability... u basically need to get ur ECU out, give it to a shop so tht they can solder the chip into it, and dyno tune the car with any software u want... depending on the OBD version, u can only use certain tuning softwares.... hope tht helps

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks! This helps a lot. I don't really have any serious engine mods yet. What is considered solid NA tuning? What parts are needed? Just wondering..
Is N/A tuning I/H/E type stuff? Thanks!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I/H/E are just basic bolt-ons.. when I mean NA, i mean pistons, rods, camshafts, port and polish, etc...

Back