02 accord rear wheel bearing

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
doing the 5 lug / disc brake conversion on my 02 accord. I have all the parts and I am replacing the bearings. I think I pretty well understand the front bearings but I am confused on the rear. I separated the hub from the spindle, it looks like the hub/wheel bearing are sold as a unit, can the hub be reused and the wheel bearing replaced? I have a press and was hoping I could save some money.

Thormx331

Reaction score
I've done both. First time I replaced just the bearings with having a press handy but the second time was winter so I just bought the whole assembly. They only sold the whole assembly at local shops near me and for the price I didn't care.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
I've done both. First time I replaced just the bearings with having a press handy but the second time was winter so I just bought the whole assembly. They only sold the whole assembly at local shops near me and for the price I didn't care.

Yeah I gave it a shot, I wasnt really sure where to press it from and just ended up destroying the bearing, oh well, a new hub it is.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Going to bump this thread with another question related.

FYI, upon further research it appears the 6th gen v6 accord rear wheel bearings / hub are a single unit and can not be pressed out so a new hub / bearing must be used.

Next, the question, I need to get the front wheel bearings out, no problem I have a press.

The problem is I cant get the press plates any where solid because of the dust shield, how do you get the shield off so I can press the hubs out?

I see 3 screws, which I am sure are totally rusted solid, but I have no access to them because they are behind hub.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
One a these, maybe.

hb3.jpg~320x480

Place in press hub down, knuckle up

Make this thing fit between hub & knuckle

Hold that thing on braces

Press inside of hub down

Once hub falls, bearing in the knuckle

Look for a outside-c-clip holding the bearing in! I have seen a cast-iron knuckle crack from leaving that clip

Remove clip /\

Press bearing out, seen most pop
out the end with th c-clip!

Yeah, if unsure, clean bearing grove well! First! Rags & brake cleaner! Find the end that's machined all the way! That should be the side w/ c-clip!

Your bearing stays there for 3 reasons, first it's a tight fit, then the c-clip holds it there, then your axle 'squshes' your bearing, so it 'pushes' out.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, thats a big help. I need to get a bearing race puller like that and then I can give it a shot.

Back