Need a Clutch + Flywheel Suggestion

kashmeister

Reaction score
I don't want to spend more than $300, preferably close to 200

I need a flywheel too, so not sure what I should get.

I can get a stock flywheel, aluminum flywheel, or chromoly, but im pretty sure chromoly will last me longer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-S...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2672wt_914

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXED...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2587wt_914

Has anyone heard of the company F1 Clutch? A quick google lead to differing results. I asked my mechanic and he told me to go with an autozone clutch because once it starts slipping i can exchange it.

This is for my 5 speed swap.

thanks

kashmeister

Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16590

start there and then come back and ask specific questions

I read that thread already ;)

The only other clutch i havent looked into was the centerforce clutch, but i'd rather spend less an get a flywheel too

I;m thinking that when the clutch does goes bad (if it really is that bad with the f1 stg 2) then I can just use the same pressure plate and flywheel at get a good exedy/act/etc clutch

ib042129

Reaction score
Don't get f1 clutch. I used to have it. I think it was stage 3? That does not mean it was impressive. It was very light. I burned it all the time. And while it was not slipping yet it did not feel as solid by the time I blew my transmission.
When I replaced my transmission, I checked the clutch and it was on the verge of wearing out. I put in an exedy (sp?) clutch instead and it works so much better. Good feedback, grips well, never smell it burning.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if you just want a clutch and flywheel thats gonna work and your not making crazy power just get one from advance. like your friend said its got a warranty so when it starts slippin you can just get a new one for free.

kashmeister

Reaction score
I went with stock honda clutch and flywheel. Works great.

Apparently stock is made by Exedy...

Don't get f1 clutch. I used to have it. I think it was stage 3? That does not mean it was impressive. It was very light. I burned it all the time. And while it was not slipping yet it did not feel as solid by the time I blew my transmission.
When I replaced my transmission, I checked the clutch and it was on the verge of wearing out. I put in an exedy (sp?) clutch instead and it works so much better. Good feedback, grips well, never smell it burning.

i heard its just the stg2 thats good...
how many miles did you have yours for?

if you just want a clutch and flywheel thats gonna work and your not making crazy power just get one from advance. like your friend said its got a warranty so when it starts slippin you can just get a new one for free.

I dont really have time to pull my tranny every month so this is my last option. I feel like for about the same price the F1 crap is better

Right now i'm leaning towards giving the F1 Stage2 Clutch + Chromoly 11.5lb flywheel a shot. That way if it does break or start to slip, I can warranty it (seller has 12k/1year) and get a new disc (maybe exedy) and use it with the same flywheel and pressure plate...

I'm assuming its just the disc thats different and any right size disc will fit in the F1 pressure plate? anyone know?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
stock clutch is not made by exedy ... the fact is most stock clutches are made by LUK ... dunno where you heard that info

kn0x47

Reaction score
unless you've got performance mods the most you should is a stock clutch and a lightweight flywheel.

Back