Installing an intake on a 4cyl

cliffsta

Reaction score
how exactly do u take it out i put a new intake on my car today but i didnt take out the box because i didnt know how.......im guessing i have to take off the front bumper or something

You have to remove the inner fender thingie to get out the resonator box, and to do that, you probably will need to remove the bumper cover. Just leave it in there. If you ever sell the car, it'll be that much easier to make it stock again. I left mine in.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
one question do i need to remove the bottom splash guard permanently? in order to install CAI? or just leave it on there after i install it.

Crono139

Reaction score
how exactly do u take it out i put a new intake on my car today but i didnt take out the box because i didnt know how.......im guessing i have to take off the front bumper or something

Just remove that thing.

Yes, it's very easy to do if you remove the bumper.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score

No. You do NOT need to take out the bumper is just a couple screws for everything around the box.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
If you take out the resonator, then there is a risk of water coming through under the bumper if it rains. Water might get into your filter.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
If you take out the resonator, then there is a risk of water coming through under the bumper if it rains. Water might get into your filter.
nope.

if you manage to submerge the filter (getting it wet doesn't do much) with an SRI or stock intake, youre in MUCH bigger trouble than just replacing the engine if it hydrolocks. we're talking "sweep-cars-away" type of water...new orleans in 2005 kind of depth...

i've had an "open" filter with most of the stock intake cut out for...3 or 4 years with no issues, and i guarantee we get more rain and snow in WI than in TX...

Back