Valve cover breather filter

Jacob

Reaction score
I've heard good and bad things about them. Do they really spray oil or is that exaggerated/bad install. I've seen lots of guys run it.

Also,on the f23a will it go in place of the hose that runs into the air cleaner tube or the hose that runs directly into the intake plenum?

Thanks guys

Sent from my A577VL using Tapatalk

Accordx

Reaction score
I believe it usually goes on the valve cover where the vacuum hose connects to the air intake (upper left corner) but I don't see many people with these on the f23, more common on the h22 and civics

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My PCV valve was so bad oil was leaking out around the grommet of the PCV. Replaced it and blammo no more oil leak. I must have been having crazy pressure building in the head

Jacob

Reaction score
Have you tried replacing your PCV Valve?
I will be but still unsure if the breather filter will benefit or hinder.

My biggest issue is this random misfiring I have. I'm starting to think it's clog egr passages it sensors gone bad due to bad pcv.

Sent from my A577VL using Tapatalk

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Agree with above replace your pcv valve if your getting oil in the intake. When i bought my accord it had a breather, i removed and routed a new hose back to my aftermarket intake. If you put one on and the pcv valve is clogged you will get oil seepage out the filter. This was on a f23 no different than the j30 though. As for your misfire im guessing you have a j30 for sure check the egr valve they get carbon build up. If it ia thw j30 pull the intake manifold and there is a small port you will need to clean out as it clogs with carbon as well. If my memory is correct the port is close to the throttle body on the bottom. Very easy to remove both and clean, one piece of advice if the port on the intake manifold is clogged all the way sometimes you need to use a very small drill bit to break it up. Dont go to deep if you must and remember to clean the intake with carb cleaner very good. Hope this helps you out

Last edited:
Back