K24A swap

Twobit

Reaction score
Why spend all that money when you can up and sell the accord and get a car with a k24 in it? Sorry but this is retarded

Nemo619

Reaction score
Twobit said:
Why spend all that money when you can up and sell the accord and get a car with a k24 in it? Sorry but this is retarded

True, he can do that, but he was thinking outside of the box. It was a legit idea and not a retarded one, say for example like.... putting a small block chevy S10 engine in an Accord to get the benifit of saying I have rwd Accord.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Nemo619 said:
True, he can do that, but he was thinking outside of the box. It was a legit idea and not a retarded one, say for example like.... putting a small block chevy S10 engine in an Accord to get the benifit of saying I have rwd Accord.
Na...a 5.0 ;)

rando3000

Reaction score
yea it would be insane. The f23 is a good motor but i think i could get a lot more power out of a k series and if anyone knows anything about hondas it wouldnt only turn heads it would break necks. The k24 is just an amazing motor (besides low end) but those higher rpms amaze me and i know i could build a f23 and probaly have 500+ horse power for what im gonna spend but why not take a k24 and and build it up and leave it n/a and if i dont like it then ill do a turbo but i like all motor set ups better they show that four cylinders can actually put out some power if you build them right. I mean forged piston, rods, bore it out a little, larger injectors, walbro pump, cam, 5 angle valve job (i think their worth it). and the list goes on. You can probaly get at least 400 running all motor with the k24 and then throw a turbo on it and god knows how much. But i got a full ride so i get to keep like 20 g's and im gonna blow it on a honda. Damn thats a good idea.

yellowfever

Reaction score
Nemo619 said:
This is also a swap that I was thinking about. A K24A1 block out of a CRV , not to mention misclaneous parts off of the the K24A1, and the head of a K20A2. K24A1 block + K20A2 head = poor man's K24A2(TSX) engine. Through in a K20A2(RSX-S) 6spd manny, and there you go. You just have to overcome the computer and wiring. I can't remeber how HASPORT set theirs up, I think it is a piggy back setup. The other option is to try and source out a K24A2 engine w/6spd tranny. The problem that you'll face with the K24A2 is getting work with the throttle by wire drive system. I know that there is an Integra with a K24A2 engine and tranny swap. After all that, you still need the engine and transmission mounts.
a "Super CRVtec"?!? im intruiged. Indeed it would break necks. Obviously you won the lottery or sell crack or something so yes do this and make us all soak our panties. Build it turbo to spool at 4500rpm and spray it. Imagine vtec, boost, nitrous and a very "unhonda" amount of torque all at the same time :rofl: ahahahahahah(mad scientist laugh) BEND RODS, SNAP AXLES, SPIN SLICKS, BREAK CLUTCHES, MELT PLUGS AND MAKE ASIAN GIRLS TOUCH EACH OTHER!!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
guys, were all forgetting the bottom line...for less money, you can go faster with the f23. by the time you buy the k24, k20 head, k20 trans, figure out how to mount and wire it...you could have a fully built and tuned turbo f23. sure its baller to have a k swap, but if youve got the $$$ why not buy a faster car and spend your money on it?

you could get a complete f23 for the same cost as a k20 head :sleeping:

Sonnick

Reaction score
^^^ Honestly....what he said. Sure you could spend $5 grand on a K24 swap..without the head...then about $500+ on the head..but you could have a fully built 300+ whp F23 Accord at that time..while K24 + K20 head swap would be a LOT of money homie..and wayyy less power..turbo F23 > TSX engine dude..hands down all day..

Plus..there aren't too many fully built F23's anyway..so you'd be unique that way also..a K24/K20 head swap honestly would produce power..but not F23 turbo power..

rando3000

Reaction score
yea a built f23 is unique. However its not about money for me even though im not rich or anything its more about doing things noone has done before. Doing what was said to be impossible. Things like that. The sohc vtec technology is often mistaken as inferior to the dohc vtec. However i like the technology on the dohc better just looking at the overall functionaility of the engine. And boost is cool. But i like it better when someone can squeeze 400+ hp out of a N/a 4 banger. Then if its not fast enough you will usually be ready to bolt on a turbo. a fully built f23 < a fully built k24. its that simple. However i would like to find out whats the most power someone has got out of a built f23. Another thing. Ive noticed my car sounds a lot better than most hondas. Its deeper, throatier, and i love the way it windes up.

rando3000

Reaction score
i customized it. 2 1/2 inch piping with some crappy muffler i got from auto zone for like 70 bucks. It has like 5 welds which is pretty good for a custom exhaust. But it sounds just as good if not better than most greddys ive heard.

Back