My DIY steering swap=epic fail! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Ok so ive swapped it to the TL-S already but this time i wanted to swap to the wooden MDX wheel I got.

Got everything apart just fine but when it came to pulling off the wheel, disaster hit. The thing wont move at all. I remember the first time we did the swap it just popped right off by hand. Didnt even need the wheel puller. Well, this time around I got the wheel puller just in case.

As I said, everything went smoothly til came time to pull the wheel. It was on tight so i had to use the puller. I got it from my local autozone as a loaner tool. I followed filtsai's guide and hooked up up just right. It didnt work though. I threaded all the bolts as told and turn the drive bolt but nothing. It did not pop off. I turned it some more and managed to pop one off the bolts right out of the sockets that i screwed them into to pull the wheel. I then took everthing apart and saw that the drive bolt had pressed into the middle 14mm bolt hole. It's basically fudged. I tried to screw the bolt back in to see if it was ok but it didnt thread in. Im screwed.

Frustrated, I yanked and pulled on my wheel to no success. I dont know wtf to do and want to swap that friggin wheel since i spent some money on it already.

Any ideas?

Oh yah, that autozone kit is now has two fudged thread bolts because they are stripped. Will they keep my deposit for it?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Can you post some pics? That would help a lot. hard to picture in my head.

But, uh........DIBS on that TL-S wheel. If you actually get the wood one to fit, will you PLEASE sell it to me? Thanks!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
when i put on my tl-s wheel, the stock one, on both my accords, was really stuck on. all i did was give it some good whacks with a rubber mallet and it came off.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Did ya whack it from the front or the back?

As for the wheel, if you can come get it off, it's your's.

Damn this post sounds soooo dirty. lol!

x27arab27x

Reaction score
yea just bang the hell out of it. careful tho i swapped my friends wheel on his camry and the damn thing hit me in the mouth. fair warning was given!

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Will try again tomorrow. It's hard to bang it from the back with not a lot of clearance. I was hitting it with my lower palm and now it's like bruised up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back