Car will not stay on

dantheman909

Reaction score
So every time I drive my car after 30 minutes of driving and letting it sit for about 20 it will not stay on I don't know what is happening the steering wheel starts to vibrate but as soon as I open up the hood it will turn on with no problems

james'99

Reaction score
Let's start simple here.

4 or 6 cyl?
Check engine light? If not, are you sure the bulb for the check engine light works? If you aren't positive, turning the key to the on position should illuminate it briefly and answer that question.

james'99

Reaction score
When you turned the key to on, it comes on and goes off, correct?

Have you serviced your EGR port ever? How many miles does the car have?

If you're gonna go at the EGR cleaning, I'd do the IACV at the same time for good measure.

Here is a thread to help you out.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50317

Also, the V6 is known for an infamous "heat soak" issue. If I understand that issue properly, fuel turns to vapor in the rail, fuel pressure drops, and engine dies. I'd attempt to alleviate this by running a full can of seafoam at your next fill up. I'd put shell gas in just because I think that is the most universally clean gas. I know personally, around my home, Citgo is ****go so when I deal with issues like this, I think we can all agree that Shell is clean gas everywhere. Run it down below a quarter tank, dump in the can of seafoam and fill the tank. Let's see if this gets ya anywhere. By the way, I think the cheapest place to purchase seafoam ($7-$8) is Walmart but have ID ready. My guess is that you are 18+.

Back