ryry's new ride

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
But you went from a sedan to a Coupe, tho'.

I guess the trade was from a 4cyl to a V6, so something had to give.

:lawl:

Looks good though, I haven't seen those rims on the 8th(8.5) Gen Coupe.
the 8th gen sedans are awful, so i had to make the sacrifice :lawl: when the time comes for something newer, it will probably be a 9th gen sedan.

these wheels are on tons of cars i see on autotrader, but i can recall seeing them around town maybe once. i will be buying the 2013+ "sport" 18s when i find a good deal for a set.
What color did you want? I love a dark metallic gray, looks just as good as black but hides dirt much better. I find that a lot of Honda's finishes look different depending on lighting and environment.

I think 2004-on autos are suppose to be solid. So hopefully they are haha.
my hierarchy for colors is white, blue, red, gray. i would have chosen belize blue or san marino over white, though, since white makes these look so big.

my DEP 6th gen was called black multiple times, really loved that color's deep shine.
Cool shiny toy:leghump:

hmmm I wish I can upgrade.
Want to drive mine off a cliff now
its hard to believe its an accord its so different from the 6ga :lawl:
no MT? i am dissapoint
none for sale, dont really have a desire for one in a daily driver.

clean car, 1 owner, good price, hit 20,600 miles tonight, originally sold for $30,480 3 years ago...beggars cant be choosers :lawl:
eeeeewwwwww..........
:eh:
Congrats on the buy!!! :drool2:

I know you have not had it long, but how has it been so far?
is yours the same color code, or did they change it for 13-14 cars? :lawl: how many miles are you up to?

so far, the only things i dont like is the VCM and interior rattles. otherwise, its great...honestly. comfy, quiet, stock stereo is really good (at low-moderate volume), pretty quick, looks really modern and more expensive than it is with the chrome accents/18s/shark fin antenna/etc.

the things i wish it came with were HIDs, LED tails (7th gen coupe got them), and like a sport package (lowered suspension, lip kit, different wheels, intake). first mod will be darker tint...i think its 50 or 75% now. retrofit in the spring, likely. LED tails are $400 :ugh: the rest will come in time...

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
is yours the same color code, or did they change it for 13-14 cars? :lawl: how many miles are you up to?

so far, the only things i dont like is the VCM and interior rattles. otherwise, its great...honestly. comfy, quiet, stock stereo is really good (at low-moderate volume), pretty quick, looks really modern and more expensive than it is with the chrome accents/18s/shark fin antenna/etc.

the things i wish it came with were HIDs, LED tails (7th gen coupe got them), and like a sport package (lowered suspension, lip kit, different wheels, intake). first mod will be darker tint...i think its 50 or 75% now. retrofit in the spring, likely. LED tails are $400 :ugh: the rest will come in time...
I know it is not the same name, but I have not actually looked at the color code. I would not be surprised if we have the same color, just different names. I hit 500 miles earlier this week.

Good to hear rattles are not a one gen only problem for the Accords. My mom's 8thgen sedan had a really bad rattle in her sunroof, and mine has one whenever I have the moonroof cover open.

Have you parked near any 6thgen coupes? I noticed that the 9th gen sedan looks huge compared to the 6thgen, so wasn't sure if the 8th gen was the same. I wish I had LED tails also. What projectors are you considering for the retro?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the carbon metallic on my dads TSX is definitely a little darker than the polished metal...we all know honda likes to not change things too radically for colors :lawl:

only 500 miles? thats less than one month of commuting only for me :lawl:

mine rattles right behind the dome lights (big gap between the headliner and the ceiling), passenger door speaker area, and somewhere on the rear deck. thats with the stereo turned up...grab some coffee while i list the 6th gen's rattles :rolleyes:

havent parked near any older coupes, though its parked in front of my sedan till i sell it :lawl:

retro wise, no idea yet. ive seen a couple DIYs where people cut the stock projector mount to fit an OEM HID projector, but im really looking for some measurements or someone to say "LSs wont fit, TLs wont fit, but anything smaller is ok." im definitely going to use all OEM parts and skip out on TRS/morimoto stuff where possible.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
bentley? :eh: :lawl:

reality called and said i was never going to be able to find a comparable RWD car for anywhere near what i paid for the accord...especially not a german car, unless it was a 10 year old E46.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Congrats! :cheers: .5 gen was the smart choice. I'm a big fan of PMM. It shows the vehicle's trim very well, regardless of the lighting condition, imo.

Last edited:
Back