New Member, some questions

CHarris718

Reaction score
Hey, wassup guys I'm new to the forum and have a couple questions. Well I currently own a '92 Acura Legend Sedan and feel the urge to get a coupe, I have my eyes set on a 6th Gen Accord coupe an EX V6 but have heard horror stories about their transmissions as I have already swapped the tranny in my Legend once before but these Legend trannies are strong. But anyways with the Accord trannies does adding an external cooler seem to do anything to stop the trannies from failing? Also in the event I buy one and it fails how much am I looking at to have it fixed? I'm ONLY interetsetd in the V6 and do not want a 4 banger, Preferably Milano Red :cool:. Any info on these trannies is greatly appreciated.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u're so set on a v6, why not get a 7th gen? a tranny cooler will help, but not much... 6 spd swap is an option, but u gotta have deep pockets.. why no love for the 4 banger? :thinking:

CHarris718

Reaction score
Nah man not a 4banger kind of guy v6's and up....Dont really have 7th gen EXV6 $$.

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
i have an 02 coupe v6 with 125k miles and never had a problem with the tranny

CHarris718

Reaction score
Damn this tranny talk has me thinkin, hmm maybe ill Just get a 94-95 Legend Coupe and call it a day.

Itchthus

Reaction score
I thought the Legend coupes look nice, as long as you keep it clean and nice. They make some good power too.

CHarris718

Reaction score
Yep thats what I'm gin for a 93-95 LS Type II Coupe they push 230hp and about 206ft lbs or torque which is faster than the accord coupe V6, but that accord just looks so damn sexxy! My current car BTW is a 92 Legend Sedan.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i LOVE those type 2 coupes with the 6spd in them.

before i bought my car, i test drove a 95(?) legend. it was a sedan/auto and it didnt really impress me, but it was real nice looking.

Back