Need help finding unusable pistons for class presentation

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, so for one of my classes i have to do a group presentation about toyota. The book is basically about toyota's management but also about how it's improved it's cars, processes, etc, over the years.

Anyway, i thought a decent visual would be to try to find some pistons. Something out of a late model toyota, something out of however old i can find. Or just small parts that would presumably have noticeable differences. Anyone have a clue as where to find ones that have been damaged without searching the net for days? I'm hoping for cheap or free. If you got an idea, throw it out there. It really doesn't have to be a toyota piston, i don't know how anyone is going to tell.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
dang, if i was at home i could send you a few in various fuxored states. example...what happens when you shift from 2nd to 1st instead of 2nd to 3rd when youre racing your early 90s turbo probe (me)? a valve ends up lodged in the piston lol. or when a dsm slips timing and burns a hole in the piston...yeeeeah, weve got plenty of those around...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, a junkyard is best, but my problem is there arn't any except for up in sacramento and further. It's a bit too far out of the way for what it's worth. I called accouple places and got various responses. Either they will give something to me but won't figure out if they have it, they will let me be buy a usuable piston, or they will sell me a motor.

So i knew this would be the first place to look, even before i posted this but figured it was also going to be a huge pain in the ***. Anyone know somebody who recycles cars or just works on toyotas alot?

Neight

Reaction score
maybe you can find a local shop that have extra parts laying around.

Back